Anyone have a Mag drop out while sitting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So, I was in a movie Theater in Ft. Wayne over the holidays and was carrying my USP. While sitting in the theater my mag popped out and I did not notice until after the theater was closed. Called back the next day and nothing was turned in or found in the theater.

Anyone else have this happen? Anyone happen to find a mag at Coldwater Crossing Theater, #14 to be exact??

I can't believe I didn't notice.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How are you carrying it and what kind of holster are you carrying the USP in? I have never had that happen to me, but I would think that you would hear it fall out.

I had a mag fall out of my pocket once when not using a mag pouch for my single spare, but never out of the actual gun.

Check the seats of your car.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Wow. That sucks. Can you think of anything that might have caused it? Do you have an extended mag release? Were you carrying in a new holster that wasn't broke in yet?

I'm surprised it wasn't turned in. What are the chances that the person who had the seat after you had a USP and was dishonest enough to keep property that wasn't theirs?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    How are you carrying it and what kind of holster are you carrying the USP in? I have never had that happen to me, but I would think that you would hear it fall out.

I had a mag fall out of my pocket once when not using a mag pouch for my single spare, but never out of the actual gun.

Check the seats of your car.

Yeah, I checked the car and everywhere I was inbetween. I was carrying it in a Galco Fletch holster. My only guess in how it fell out was I took my coat off and had it jammed in the bottom of the seat and it must have hit the mag release when I was adjusting my position through out the movie and had it in the 4 - 5 o'clock position.

The person at the theater implied with the brooms they use that have the dust-pan attached they don't even look at what is inside and just throw the contents in the trash.

:dunno:

Wow. That sucks. Can you think of anything that might have caused it? Do you have an extended mag release? Were you carrying in a new holster that wasn't broke in yet?

I'm surprised it wasn't turned in. What are the chances that the person who had the seat after you had a USP and was dishonest enough to keep property that wasn't theirs?

No extended mag release, its on the trigger guard. I don't think there is an option for one. Holster is broken in pretty well. I don't know if anyone would keep the mag, but it was loaded with Rangers, so maybe they have a .40 and decided to shanghai the ammo.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    The only time I have had that happens is with my PF 9. The mag release was very week but Kaltec realized it and set a replacement part at no charge and a sincere apology

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Happened to me once when I was carrying my 4506. It scared the crap out of me. I have a habit of checking it every so often.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have had mags pop out carrying IWB, in a fanny pack, etc. Even once in a Taurus PT99 in a military side holster lose the mag while out in the woods. I found it after retracing my steps that day. I have taken to filing down the mag release buttons some on my guns and that largely has stopped it, but I still habitually check it.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    My xd did that once. Sat down in the drivers seat of my car and heard something fall behind the seat (my magazine). Only thing I could think was the seat belt buckle bumped the release when I got in the seat (similar to what you described)

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    That sucks about your magazine man. Thankfully I have never had such an experience, thank God. *knock's on wood* However, I do make sure when going to places like that or similar, armed. I make sure to feel the weapon with my shirt over it, to make sure the mag is still present and that my shirt is still pulled down.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    yeah, checking for the mag when I stand up is going to become a new habit. I always make sure my shirt isn't above it but have never worried about checking for the mag. I would rather have money drop on the floor.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I feel for you man. I can see how something in a tight seating arrangement could hit or press the mag release and it could slide down the seat to the floor without making much noise. Especially with the environment in a theater you would never hear it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yep, have bumped the mag release on my Hi Power. The little mouse trap on the bottom of the mag can really kick that booger out quick.

Top Bottom