Anyone had problems with the new belt loops?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Hey I got my Phantom LC on monday, I have changed the belt loops out for the tuckable loops, changed back to the belt loops, and back and forth one more time, (a total of 2 times I have put the plastic OWB loops on myself).

Well today (the last time I have put on the OWB loops) as i was tightening them down the plastic split on the top hole of both loops.

Maybe I missed something and this is a design feature that I was not aware of, but I didn't think it was.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their new loops splitting.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Was the screw placed directly on the belt loop?

The screws are to set on the rivets then the rubber washer goes between the rivets and the loops, then the threaded T-shaped washer goes on the outside of the loop facing the body.

Contact them and they will send you a new set. If you need a set ASAP I can send you a set.

Raven will take care of you.

Here is an example of the way they should look:

Ebay008.jpg

Ebay007.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    okay I had the threaded t shape washer on the holster and the screw on the loop with the rubber washer in between the loops and the holster. Damn.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've not seen this, how does this new rig feel? I've only the new rubber IWB loops, which I didn't live very much.

Jtgarner

Master
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I looked at how i had the OWB loops on and saw that you were right MK18, I had flipped the screws and the bevel of the screw is what split the belt loop. That kinda stinks cause I liked being able to switch from IWB to OWB and for now I am stuck with IWB.

Que, I don't mind the feel of the holster with the IWB soft loops only (with the new tuckable soft loops you can take the loops off and just use the loops) it is a little awkward but I am getting used to it. I am considering getting the offset tabs to make it a little more comfortable with the tuckable tabs in there though. I really liked it OWB though so maybe I'll get the pancake wings instead of the regular loops when I do replace them...
    We'll see.

Edit: I don't think I'll contact Raven like you said MK18. I feel bad because this was actually my fault, not theirs so I wouldn't request a new set on their dime when it wasn't their fault.

Jtgarner

Master
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I actually just sent an email to raven. (my wife said I should at least see what they say since I haven't even had the holster a full work week) If they don't send me new loops (I really don't expect them to) I might hit you up for those loops Cwood.
    Thanks for the help guys.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I am sure they will take of you.

If you want to save them postage and explore other belt options, I am sure they will be at the 1500 in January and will take care of you there.

Top Bottom