anyone going to crawfordsville this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm surprised it isn't up yet. I believe there is a shoot there this coming weekend. thinking I might show up on Sunday and help out with some instructin! anyone else going. might be winterseed weather :)

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    man ohh man ATM will be there then that means there will be some singin' and bacon! I was trying to talk the old lady into coming but she says she things it might be just a wee bit to cold.

Huntrdan

Plinker
    May 15, 2009
    Columbus
    Wow. Doesn't look like very many people are signed up. I am surprised. We should have perfect Winterseed weather on Saturday. Just without the snow. Might be a little on the warm side Sunday.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    I was thinking about beeboppin up to plink a little on Saturday. dunno. Heard this Appleseed thing was for ferserious people only. Heard you had to bring irons. Heard you had to be in period dress for the reenactment portion. Heard bacon was available but only that half-ham Canadian stuff... Heard so much.... Voices won't stop....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Should stay cold enough but not much chance of precipitation or heavy wind Saturday. Might have a dusting of snow on the ground, but nothing too spectacular.

Chance of freezing drizzle on Sunday sounds promising, though! That would certainly qualify. :yesway:

Come on out, INGO, there's still 16 hours left to register. :)

Appleseed Schedule

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Can't make it, but ATM and Crawfordsville is great. I'm 7th Stepping at a Hunting Expo Saturday and attending a Muzzleloading shoot on Sunday. Next time I come I come down I will bring the Brown Bess.

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i will be there. i will be the gentleman with the orange hat, stopwatch, and m1 garand. looking forward to the weather, in my experience, rifles shoot better in rough weather.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When the alarm went off this morning, I realized that my lips were chapped, so I could not attend. I was polite and sent a text message to ATM to let him know.

I heard it was a little chilly this morning, anyway.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    When the alarm went off this morning, I realized that my lips were chapped, so I could not attend. I was polite and sent a text message to ATM to let him know.

I heard it was a little chilly this morning, anyway.

Reflecting upon the plight of my poor buddy, Rhino, with his chapped lips, I was overcome with grief and decided to cancel the shoot. :(

Besides, it was a little chilly this morning.

:D

ATM

Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It really was a great first day and we're hoping for some freezing drizzle for day 2. :rockwoot:

Yes, rhino made it

...and yes, he did wear shorts! :)

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    it was a great day at the range. frozen toes, freezing rain, a bit of wind, rifles firing and targets full of holes. even got to tell/hear some good stories about dangerous old me and the sound of steel being struck by various calibers at 100 yards. one nice gentleman even bought in a 1862 musket from the civil war and let those of us who wanted to fire it do so. it was an awesome way to spend the day with like minded folk, even if mother nature had other intentions. congrats to the riflemen. huzzah!

ATM

Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...rifleman bacon :)

Mmm... Rifleman Bacon...

vNYpTcyl.jpg

Top Bottom