Anyone ever use a Cominolli Glock Safety?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Not trying to be a smartass, but Glock did their safeties right so I have no need to add one.

I'm also not trying to be a smartass, but people have differing opinions in what is "enough safety". My opinion is that Glock is short by one... a thumb safety (or a grip safety would do as well.) To each his own.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    If you like it, do it! Ive never seen one like that, and personally i wouldnt mess with a Glock safety, but if you dont like it you can always remove it. Plus there are a few Glock Armorers in the area that could help you, I would suggest talking to them about it.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I think if you want a Glock with a manual safety, you actually don't want a Glock...plenty of other guns out there that come in the same sizes, calibers, and price range that were designed from the ground up with manual safeties.

I'm just of the opinion that the more "additional" parts you tack onto a gun, the more prone to experiencing a failure it is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If I wanted an additional safety and was satisfied with a grip safety, I think I'd just buy an XD instead of butchering up a Glock.

As small as that thumb safety appears to be, I wouldn't trust it to be easy enough to disengage under pressure.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I would agree that I would not add this to the Glock. The more aftermarket items you add to the fire control group, the more likely that your pistol will have reliability issues down the road.

If you like a polymer pistol...I would suggest this Smith & Wesson M&P pistol. I has a factory installed manual safety.

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P9 - Full Size, Thumb Safety

And this option is available on the full sized, compact and subcompact models.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I love these threads. Someone asks an opinion about a specific product and then gets 101 reasons why he/she should just buy something else. Even after a second post explaining it a bit further.

Instead of what the op asked. I'm pretty sure they like the glock and just would like a level of safety one step further. To each their own. If that's what they want so be it.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I'm also not trying to be a smartass, but people have differing opinions in what is "enough safety". My opinion is that Glock is short by one... a thumb safety (or a grip safety would do as well.) To each his own.

I love these threads. Someone asks an opinion about a specific product and then gets 101 reasons why he/she should just buy something else. Even after a second post explaining it a bit further.

Instead of what the op asked. I'm pretty sure they like the glock and just would like a level of safety one step further. To each their own. If that's what they want so be it.

Sorry to both. No, I have not used this external saftey. I also do not know of anyone who has used one. I have no experience with this safety.

Now I AM being a smartass.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    The reason I am researching this is because of the reliability of Glocks. I don't think many pistols measure up to the "go bang everytime" record of the Glock and offer as many sizes and calibers.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i have to agree with the others. glocks already have three safeties.
    theres plenty of guns with manual safeties that are equally reliable.

this is gun-safety 101. if you're not going to shoot something, don't put your finger on the trigger. dont pick the gun up. don't point it at something you're not going to shoot. it shouldn't matter if there's an external safety involved, a chambered round, or even an empty gun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The reason I am researching this is because of the reliability of Glocks. I don't think many pistols measure up to the "go bang everytime" record of the Glock and offer as many sizes and calibers.

Glock marketing got you, eh?

I'll be completely serious with you. Glock made its "reliability" reputation doing stupid things to handguns and then pointing out they still go bang. I don't care that you can bury it in mud for a year and come back and shoot it. I don't care that you can drive over it with a truck twice and shoot it. I don't care you can freeze it in a giant ice cube and then shoot it.

What I care about is can I pull it out of my holster and shoot it. That's what I actually do with my guns. Glocks can fail at that. Our department had real issues with the gen 3 Glock 22s. Mine would FTE about 1 in every 20 rounds, regardless of magazine, when it had the light attached. The Glock 30SF has had some real teething issues, too. I'm not saying they are junk, far from it, but they aren't "bullet proof" and they aren't the only reliable pistol manufacturer out there.

Real world use, there's a ton of reliable guns out there. I can personally attest to having over 5,000 rounds through a CZ 40B with zero malfunctions, over 5,000 rounds through a Springfield 1911 with zero malfunctions, and several thousand rounds through various Beretta and Sig handguns with zero malfunctions.

If you want a frame mounted safety, there are a multitude of guns that are every bit as reliable as a Glock in realistic situations. With your criteria of a grip safety counting, even more.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon

Then why do you have/want a Glock? I'm seriously curious because there are plenty of other guns out there that have great triggers and safeties that are very reliable. :dunno:

Edit: I replied without reading the second page... Looks like others are wondering the same thing.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just wondering if anyone has ever seen/used/installed one of the Cominolli thumb safeties on a Glock?

Thanks!

MANUAL SAFETY KIT FOR GLOCK®, Cominolli Custom

Contact Bryce Curry at Premier Arms in Brownsburg. 317-585-3030.
    And YES he is a Glock Certified Armorer.

Bryce did all my Glocks. Never had a problem with the safeties and I've definitely put them through some tough trials. It does NOT go against the warranty like some will tell you.

You guys are harsh! - :bash:

*BTW* -
    The Glock 17S has a Factory installed Thumb Safety that has been used by some militaries for years now.

Top Bottom