Anyone ever build a Pergola for their patio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Guy had a saw to cut a hole in brick and foundation then sank a pole in. One other spot he just bolted to the foundation under brick. Some welding and cutting then the framing.it has a rubber membrane on the roof for water barrier. Just borrow an INGO welder and you're GTG

wife saw it on Pinterest and we went for it :):

our back yard faces south and just bakes in the summer. I am a fan of shade

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The wife and I have kicked the idea around for several years but I've never finalized on an idea. I'd like to one of these days.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What are you wanting from the pergola?

We had one installed as part of our outdoor kitchen.
    Small%20Kitchen.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been that route twice in the last 4 years. Last week we took delivery of a Gazebo. I figure we just pissed away another few hundred dollars on it. Oh if my wife asks, I said nothing. :):

We did the Gazeebo thing for a few years. They are good for 2 years tops. When we took the last one down and it fell apart I decided to do something permanent.
    We are still doing some landscaping.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    We did the Gazeebo thing for a few years. They are good for 2 years tops. When we took the last one down and it fell apart I decided to do something permanent.
    We are still doing some landscaping.

Gravel and AstroTurf, the best back yard this side of green concrete EVAH!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gravel and AstroTurf, the best back yard this side of green concrete EVAH!

When my 10 year old G-daughter was born we learned that she was allergic to the planet. Everything green caused her distress. Grass was green and yes, it caused her issues.
    So, I carpeted my back yard and built the swingset in the middle of it for her. All the rock and turf are over the old carpet. Not one blade of grass in my back yard. The grass is in the daughters side and they cut it....:)

Here is the view from the deck. I am still stretching and pinning the turf down.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    When my 10 year old G-daughter was born we learned that she was allergic to the planet. Everything green caused her distress. Grass was green and yes, it caused her issues.
    So, I carpeted my back yard and built the swingset in the middle of it for her. All the rock and turf are over the old carpet. Not one blade of grass in my back yard. The grass is in the daughters side and they cut it....:)

Here is the view from the deck. I am still stretching and pinning the turf down.

if I tell you I'm allergic to cutting grass, will you come carpet my yard? If not, send your daughter to mow?

Top Bottom