• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

I have had Skype for a while for computer-to-computer calls.

Today I decided I'd drop $10 for actual phone service.

It's kinda' strange sitting at the computer and talking to someone on the phone over the mic and speakers.

Called my parents, my brother in Boston, and my sister in England. I still have something like $9.77 left for further calls.

I believe this might be something I'll be using from now on. Still have to do further testing, but this could be a good deal.

Josh

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Hello,

I have had Skype for a while for computer-to-computer calls.

Today I decided I'd drop $10 for actual phone service.

It's kinda' strange sitting at the computer and talking to someone on the phone over the mic and speakers.

Called my parents, my brother in Boston, and my sister in England. I still have something like $9.77 left for further calls.

I believe this might be something I'll be using from now on. Still have to do further testing, but this could be a good deal.

Josh
    Unless you dig the video portion of Skype, I might suggest a Magic Jack. I have owned mine for over a year, and for a buck a month, it is awesome. Plus I can take it anywhere my computer goes and has internet access.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

The video portion comes in handy as I have nephews in England I've not seen.

Magic Jack is something I'm really considering as well, though.

Josh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Josh, I also Magic Jack. I've had it for a year and it works pretty well with all the bells and whistles a land line would have. I've used Skype, but decided on the other because of the price - less than $2.00 a month.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I use Skype to talk to my brother's family and sister on holidays and stuff. We do PC-PC which is free and that works with my pocketbook.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I uncovered this old thread because I've had Skype for two years, but had not used it until yesterday. Two companies asked to Skype for meetings yesterday and they said it like, "Oh, well let's just Skype tomorrow and discuss..." I'm glad I had it installed on my Mac!

Anyway, it was a great meeting and I enjoyed the service. You have to remember not to roll you eyes at the stupid things that are said. You also cant multi-task because that seems like you are ignoring them. But, other than that, it's great.

steepo17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    NE Indpls
    I was over in Instanbul, Turkey a year or so ago and used Skype phone service to keep in touch with my family. It worked great, especially for only a couple of cents per minute.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom