• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I want to wish all the men and women of a armed services a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year. Thank You for your service. :patriot: I especially want to thank all of them who will be away from home this Christmas and there families who will be spending this Christmas without them. I know how hard it is all year to not have them at home, but is especially hard this time of year. I would like to use this thread to honor all of them. If you have a family member serving our country please post their picture. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. May they all be home safe and soon.
    Korea2010637.jpg

This is me, my oldest son, and my new grandson born June 25. He is currently serving in South Korea. This picture was taken back in September when my wife and I went over there to visit him, his wife, and see the new grandbaby.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Close... my BIL missed his run test in basic and got held back for the next class. Which, btw, is a funny story by itself. His run test was the day before his birthday. He ran a XX:XX time, which was a failing time because of his age so he couldn't graduate. The very next day was his birthday, which put him into a bracket that made his XX:XX time a passing time, but they still had to hold him back and retest him. So at the time of his first graduation, he could pass all of his tests, but because he didn't pass the run test the day they tested him he got held back. He is with they 101st Airborne stationed in Ft Campbell, his unit is already in Iraq, and he is headed there right after Christmas.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My little sister is a contractor in Afghanistan. She won't be coming home for the holidays but I miss her greatly. I hope she stays safe and doesn't get blown-up....again...

Car-bomb-Kandahar-compoun-001.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Got a cousin that I'm not sure where she is stationed but I don't think she'll be making it home and a good friend that is back in Asscrackistan.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    My little sister is a contractor in Afghanistan. She won't be coming home for the holidays but I miss her greatly. I hope she stays safe and doesn't get blown-up....again...

I hope she stays safe too and she is home soon. I miss my son greatly too. This thread is one of the ways I'm trying to deal with him not being home for the second year in a row. Especially hard on my wife this year, she really want that new grandbaby home for his first Christmas. Hopefully next year.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    My nephew works out of Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. I have been emailing him since Thanksgiving, but no replies. I talked to his dad and he has not heard anything either. I know he is going out to some forward operating bases, but I would think he would have had time to get back to Bagram and go through his email. Praying all is well for him.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    We were able to Skype with my son and his family last night while they unwrapped the gifts we sent them. Was almost as good as having them home. They should be home hopefully by June, we can't wait.

:patriot: Once again to all the service men and women, wherever they may be serving, and to all they families at home I wish you all a very Merry Christmas

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Happy Holidays to all of you and your family stationed elsewhere. For the past 4-5 years, our family has always had someone stationed somewhere. This year we're lucky enough to have everyone home. Praying that everyone over seas stays safe. :patriot:

Top Bottom