• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It seems like every time I watch a knife review video its of some collector who never uses his knives for anything but then sees fit to complain about every teeny tiny little thing that is "wrong" with the knife. Like blade centering on a folder. If it is off even the slightest fraction of an inch they complain. If there is even the smallest hint of blade play, they complain. Now if it was an obvious amount of excessive play then OK complain. But if you have to push as hard as you can to force play in the blade then I would call that no play. Other than that tighten up the pivot screw and be happy you can afford and are allowed to have knives for EDC. Oh and if you only used your knife to open pizza boxes and mail, it probably didn't need to be sharpened twice.

Sorry for the rant but I was looking for a decent review of a knife I am interested in and came across these videos that just rubbed me wrong for some reason.

[video=youtube_share;W-aiBHEzsok]http://youtu.be/W-aiBHEzsok[/video]

Ok so if any of you guys have any experience with the Benchmade 580 Barrage I am interested in actual first hand info.

Thanks!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The BM 580 Barrage is my number one selling Benchmade assisted opening knife. I have literally sold dozens and dozens of them with no complaints. Some of my customers have come back for second one to give as a gift. That is all of the review that I need. :twocents:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The BM 580 Barrage is my number one selling Benchmade assisted opening knife. I have literally sold dozens and dozens of them with no complaints. Some of my customers have come back for second one to give as a gift. That is all of the review that I need. :twocents:

Thanks for the info! That is better feed back than any knife review video can give.

You wouldn't happen to have a 583BK plain edged Tanto in stock would you? If so Price?

Thanks!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Thanks for the info! That is better feed back than any knife review video can give.

You wouldn't happen to have a 583BK plain edged Tanto in stock would you? If so Price?

Thanks!

I have the following Barrage models in stock.
    581 (M390)
    583SBK (Black Tanto, partially serrated)
    585 (Mini Barrage)
    586 (Mini Barrage with M390)

Sorry I don't have a 583BK (Black Tanto, plain edge) in stock at this time.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    if its any consolation i made it to the i open boxes and pizza part then realized this. its obvious he has a movie grade chewbacka mask on making a youtube video about a great knife when he needs a kobalt razor knife to fit his needs, and possibly less lotion on account of his "traction" problem.

Plus his voice sort bothered me and made me want to hold his head under water not enough to persue said action but enough to think about it... alot

by the way i have a barrage not sure of the model its a tanto i beat the sh+t out of for a year and a half hell i even batoned with it on several trips. I undoubtedly tried to break it dropped it, pried with it, cut stuff i shouldnt have, started a fired with it, peeled wire, cut my sandwich, opened beers, cut leather, if something need cut and a knife was kind of the tool to use out she came and it took it all with a smile.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I would not say I HATE them but too many of the video's are too slow moving and too much time wasted on nonsense talking. I am a get to the point person ( less is more) so I just want to know what the knife can do I do not need or want to hear or see a bunch of gibberish. Using the word um and um and um in every sentence is gibberish and shows the person was not ready to make the video. Some can be very useful and informative and those are the ones to take notice to.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would not say I HATE them but too many of the video's are too slow moving and too much time wasted on nonsense talking. I am a get to the point person ( less is more) so I just want to know what the knife can do I do not need or want to hear or see a bunch of gibberish. Using the word um and um and um in every sentence is gibberish and shows the person was not ready to make the video. Some can be very useful and informative and those are the ones to take notice to.

Exactly. I am the same way. Mainly when I watch a knife review video I am looking for detail shots of the features of the knife and an informed opinion on whether or not it adequately fills the roll it was designed to fill. The rest is useless rambling. There are some out there that do OK knife review videos but there are very few who really do, what I would call, good review videos.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I do find the extremes in reviews entertaining. The "collector" who is soo gushing about his knife rubbing it loving it or the nit picking from the other "collectors" who never use their knives can be as entertaining as the guy using his knife as a impact tool to jackhammer concrete then whining when it breaks. Gotta love the interwebs lol :)

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    When I first started looking for a good field/camp/trek knife, I watched a number of videos on ESEE. Most were very good. But I get your meaning. A lot of gun videos are much the same.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    When I first started looking for a good field/camp/trek knife, I watched a number of videos on ESEE. Most were very good. But I get your meaning. A lot of gun videos are much the same.

I agree. I saw these 2 guys that I believe someone on here posted and they were talking about ESEE knives. I laughed at them. They emphasized so much on how a good guy Jeff Randall is which I would agree but they left out Mike Perrin whom in my book is an AWESOME guy and very talented. It just made me think they were trying to impress their viewers that they knew Jeff more than they knew about the knives.

Top Bottom