Anyone besides me think this would be fun to have ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Isn't .5000 the largest caliber legal to own in the US?

.700 nitro is biggest you can buy...250 bucks for 5 rounds if you want to pay that. I've heard the rifle to have made for the .700 Nitro will cost you every bit of a 100 grand(if not much more).

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    :spend::spend:For $50 a round you'd better hit what you're aiming for.

it's not like your comparing 9mm to a 45 acp, but more like comparing a 50 cal machine gun to a tomahawk cruise missle. I believe you can completely miss your target by a good portion and the shockwave the bullet will have as it passes by will blow your arm off.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    my cousin has a double bbl break style .700 nitro express. i think it ran him around 250K but it is fun (but hurts like hell and will pick you up off your feet.) and its very pin point(if you aim it right.) and even if you miss the shock wave is enough to remove flesh from bone from i think its like a foot or better away. the dam thinks look like railroad spikes (the rounds that is)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D41NYBHkb9M"]YouTube - 700 Nitro Express[/ame]
    not meanin to thred jack

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    it could be fun if counter weighted right. and if you think thats nuts look at the .700 mag round but its a long gun(fun but ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) lol.

At 13.23 pounds, 208.23 ounces, I figure it compares to my SRH .480 which weighs in at a light weight of 54 ounces, 3.31 pounds, just under 10 pounds lighter.
    From bags, that extra 10 lbs of weight should absorb a lot of the recoil, and it shouldn't be much worse than a S&W .500.

I wouldn't necessarily want to own one, but if offered the chance to shoot one, sure wouldn't pass up it up!!!!

:draw:

Top Bottom