Anybody hear anything about New Frontier Armoury?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    So I have been looking for a cheap AR recently. I'm not talking just cheap, but bargain basement super budget build cheap. I also wanted something that wasn't complete crap, which isn't easy to find in my price range of <$600. One of my main goals was to also keep things lightweight. Recently I have been researching and came across the lowers made by new frontier. For those that are unfamiliar, they are completed polymer lowers for $99. Owning a Sig, I'm well aware of peoples prejudice against polymer. I have seen the torture test videos though and can honestly say I am impressed. These are made in the same molds as the Plum crazy lowers, but use a better and stronger polymer mix. I've seen nothing but good reviews about them, and they are backordered at a lot of places, which is a good sign that they are catching on. My main question is, they also have a complete rifle for sale with their polymer lower and what appears to be a pretty bulletproof upper decked out in some magpul accesories. The price on this rifle is $599. This seems like a great price for what is being offered. The whole rifle is also backed by their lifetime warranty. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that sells the complete rifle besides the manufacturers site, yet alone find any reviews on them. I guess I came here to ask for everyone's opinion. Let me know what everyone thinks. There are three torture test videos on YouTube for the lower, and the complete rifle can be found here at their website LW-15 Complete Rifle [LW15 Rifle] - $599.99 : New Frontier Armory - Firearm Sales, Transfers, and Consignment .....thanks.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    there was a thread on this just a bit ago.

i wasn't too impressed by the shill account set up by them or one of their dealers. I would just buy a PSA.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    there's probably a reason for that. you can certainly get one for under $700 with decent features that exceed similarly priced DPMS models, etc.

I wouldn't buy one of these things based solely on the price. Regardless of what people say, ARs are not all created equal.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    there's probably a reason for that. you can certainly get one for under $700 with decent features that exceed similarly priced DPMS models, etc.

I wouldn't buy one of these things based solely on the price. Regardless of what people say, ARs are not all created equal.

I know I'm not getting a Colt, Noveske, or LMT, but from the specs of the upper, it looks comparable to some at PSA. I'm basically wondering if the upper is worth a crap.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Do your homework.....PSA now has a proven track record of a good quality rifle for a good price. Frontier is unproven and in some cases not well liked. your talking about spending an extra $50 to get a rifle that you KNOW will be a GOOD gun. or try to save a few pennies and gamble on a sub par gun to begin with and hope that you get the 1 in 2000 gun that is actually decent. Not worth the risk in my mind at all

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've decided that I am going for the LW-15 lower and then getting this upper. What do you gues think about it? Seems pretty solid to me.
    Looks good to me. PSA puts out some quality stuff and I've seen all the torture tests on the LW-15 lower and I don't personally see any reason why I would'nt be willing to give it a go, that is if you can find one.

Keep in mind also that it will take some time to receive a PSA upper. If you order one they bill you up front too, not when the order ships.

Last edited:

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    I've actually shot a New Frontier lower

I own 5 of the New Frontier LW15 lowers and like them very much. I am not one of their "shill dealers". I have used them with several different manufacturers uppers and have never had an issue. All have a nice trigger pull in the 5# range and the fit up to the receiver is extremely tight. New Frontier calls it their " no slop" fit. They now run about $120 delivered and I'll defy anyone to find a better one for the money. I like mine. :yesway:

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Bought the LW-15 lower. Waiting on a few more paychecks before I pick up the upper. I'm very anxious to see how this all turns out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Bought the LW-15 lower. Waiting on a few more paychecks before I pick up the upper. I'm very anxious to see how this all turns out.
    Nice. If I did'nt already just invest some time and money into a recent build I would be really tempted to try one of these lowers out myself.

My new PSA upper is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I placed the order on 6-6.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've got one on order. Now I just need the upper....hmmmm. Cowoker/friend has run his into the ground. Took the testing way past normal every day or anything you'd deal with at a carbine class. He even dropped in a Kies(?) trigger and some other metal parts. I know alot of AR fans are hardcore against the polymer lowers, but then think the SCAR / ACR / Etc.. is the Sh@t....... I truly think these $100 lowers are incredible and allow you to build a reliable gun for less than a WASR's street price.....but we shall see. First hand knowledge to follow, hopefully soon.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I'm not 100% sure, but I couldn't find a complete rifle or upper/lower combo for under $600.

If you buy one of the LW-15 Complete Polymer Lowers from New Frontier Armory for $109.00.
    LW-15 Complete Polymer Lower [LW-15 Complete (Standard)] - $109.00 : New Frontier Armory - Firearm Sales, Transfers, and Consignment
    Then drop on one of these complete uppers from JSE Surplus for $375.00
    Custom 16" M4 1x7 Moly 5.56 Carbine Rail Height GB Upper
    That would leave you $116.00 to add front & rear sights that should be easy to find.
    Then you would have a complete AR15 for under $600.

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I bought one of the New Frontier lowers for a budget build for the Mrs. It will primarily be used with a .22LR conversion, so I'm not too worried about the lower being polymer. It is definitely light-weight, yet seems very strong. I have swapped the fire control group out with a standard trigger I had laying around.

7841917686_aab8ac9be7_c.jpg

and one with the other AR's

7841919680_de1a652905_c.jpg

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I bought one of the New Frontier lowers for a budget build for the Mrs. It will primarily be used with a .22LR conversion, so I'm not too worried about the lower being polymer. It is definitely light-weight, yet seems very strong. I have swapped the fire control group out with a standard trigger I had laying around.

7841917686_aab8ac9be7_c.jpg

and one with the other AR's

7841919680_de1a652905_c.jpg
    TTAG(gun blog) is doing a review of the LW-15 New Frontier lower. I'm interested on what they have to say about it.

Top Bottom