Anybody ever use tooltech to install night sights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonnellt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anybody ever use tooltech to install night sights. I want to have trijicon night sights installed on by Beretta 92G Elite. Trijicon tells me I need to have a gunsmith install them. Trijicon recommends tooltech. I checked around my local gun shops and could not find anyone locally (Indy area) who could do it. Any had any good or bad experiences with tooltech?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't know what LGS you checked, but all the LGS I know will install Tificon sights. I guess your Beretta 92G Elite must be special.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Anyone with a fixed front sight Beretta (probably 75% of all Beretta 92/96 owners) who want night sights installed, send their slides to ToolTech. (which is probably why Trijicon recommends them). This is because the front sight needs to be drilled out to install a Trijicon vial.

If you have a 92 Elite, then your front sight is dovetailed and can be installed with a hammer 'n punch, sight pusher, etc.

Try U.S. Defense Solutions near Greenwood.

Chip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Your Elite should be dovetailed (see above) but I have used ToolTech and they were great. I used mine for a HK P7M8 just because I wanted to maintain the factory sights. Wasn't overly priced and if I recall a three (3) week turn around. Good luck!

Top Bottom