Any talk of Indiana 2A Sanctuary counties or cities yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    Unfortunately Columbus/Bartholomew Co was very adamant about denying the 2A Santuary proposal. I believe Batholomew Co has the biggest Facebook group for the Indiana 2A sanctuary movement in the state. Letters were sent to propose the idea and was shot down by public leadership via the newspaper article. Funny thing is that some of the local city/county council members said it was never actually brought up for review.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On "sanctuary counties"...can anyone explain for me what laws they will enforce and what laws they won't enforce and what the difference is between them under the 2nd Amendment?

I got this.

It is all teeth-talking argle-bargle. Rather than do something productive--write letters, join up, talk to neighbors--people want magic. 2A Sanctuaries are simply more insipid magic so people do not have to work.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Unfortunately Columbus/Bartholomew Co was very adamant about denying the 2A Santuary proposal. I believe Batholomew Co has the biggest Facebook group for the Indiana 2A sanctuary movement in the state. Letters were sent to propose the idea and was shot down by public leadership via the newspaper article. Funny thing is that some of the local city/county council members said it was never actually brought up for review.

The Gun Guy mentioned this on his radio show Saturday evening. He also mentioned a pretty low turnout he went to for a Brown County meeting on this topic.

I wonder if the form of communication is part of the problem? Both groups thought Facebook was the way to go? A lot of folks don't/won't do facebook.

As a concerned 2A proponent in your areas, it seems odd that these efforts would only be heard about after the fact. :dunno:

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    I agree with you here. I think the Facebook group was a great start but it hasn’t drove any actual traction. A lot of it was “do what you can to help” without much guidance. I think we have the number of people that “say” they want to help but not sure how many will actually show up when things are scheduled.

The Gun Guy mentioned this on his radio show Saturday evening. He also mentioned a pretty low turnout he went to for a Brown County meeting on this topic.

I wonder if the form of communication is part of the problem? Both groups thought Facebook was the way to go? A lot of folks don't/won't do facebook.

As a concerned 2A proponent in your areas, it seems odd that these efforts would only be heard about after the fact. :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I got this.

It is all teeth-talking argle-bargle. Rather than do something productive--write letters, join up, talk to neighbors--people want magic. 2A Sanctuaries are simply more insipid magic so people do not have to work.

You've been warned about your truthiness...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mocking is always a productive selling point, eh?

I am not a big proponent of the sanctuary anything thinking. I think it's mimicking the left's idea and it's a poor one.

That said, we need to every 2A proponent working together for the fight that is coming. We all need to work on productive ways to make that happen. :twocents:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Step 1: Stop doing nonproductive, feel-good stuff. That's what liberals do.

That's a great idea!

Now how are you gonna reel these otherwise well intentioned folks into productive 2A work? Without talking down to them, as if you have the market cornered on smart?

:dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Step 1: Stop doing nonproductive, feel-good stuff. That's what liberals do.

But if I do nonproductive, feel-good stuff then I am given on pass on doing productive stuff.

I mean, if I do productive stuff I may get a flyer in the mail that I do not want. A flyer, Hough! Maybe even a solicitation. Surely we can all agree that an unwanted solicitation in the mail is FAR TOO GREAT a sacrifice, just read INGO.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I happen to think that these well-intentioned folks are probably already involved in more effective means of advocacy and need to keep doing those things.

Honestly, if someone could just explain to me what they are trying to accomplish in Indiana, that is, what laws do they think they need sanctuary from...we could have a meaningful conversation, but so far, no one is forthcoming.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I happen to think that these well-intentioned folks are probably already involved in more effective means of advocacy and need to keep doing those things.

Honestly, if someone could just explain to me what they are trying to accomplish in Indiana, that is, what laws do they think they need sanctuary from...we could have a meaningful conversation, but so far, no one is forthcoming.

Did I stutter?

A flyer, Hough. A flyer for a gosh darn solicitation. I cannot survive if I do something productive like join a group. I need meaningless magic which will absolve me from writing a check.

Look, I have guns for defending myself against rampaging motorcycle gangs of zombies and ninjas, but I am helpless in the face of a letter from Wayne LaPierre.

The rage. The rage burns. Don't let me see a letter, Hough, I cannot survive.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did I stutter?

A flyer, Hough. A flyer for a gosh darn solicitation. I cannot survive if I do something productive like join a group. I need meaningless magic which will absolve me from writing a check.

Look, I have guns for defending myself against rampaging motorcycle gangs of zombies and ninjas, but I am helpless in the face of a letter from Wayne LaPierre.

The rage. The rage burns. Don't let me see a letter, Hough, I cannot survive

A letter from Wayne LaPierre?

So what letter don't you like?
    It's the W isn't it. Ws always **** me off. :xmad:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can see the possibility of a different angle to this sanctuary city/county phenomena. I don’t think they hurt a thing. If it gets gun owners motivated to stay educated and to vote accordingly, then that’s a plus. In and of themselves, they’re a bunch of window dressing. They claim to take a stand against unconstitutional laws but do nothing about the ones already existing. Yawn. The trick, if it can be pulled off, is not taking a stand against some law that will likely never come down from Indy or getting useless pledges from sheriffs and commissioners but getting gun owners half as active as the red shirted demanding moms.

Top Bottom