• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We have sold a few of them, and have not had any complaints. They appear to be pretty well executed, although the trigger is a bit funny (it is a single action design, but the trigger pivots rather than sliding straight back like a 1911).

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I've put about 250-300 rounds through mine and have had several failures to extract. I"m hoping it just needs more breaking in. If not, it will be going back to Sig. The trigger pull is heavy for a sao, but mine has lightened up after dry firing with snap caps. It's not very snappy for a smaller gun. I owned a DB9 once and it was snappier. Very manageable.

Update: I put another 125 rounds through it yesterday. Lubed it up really well before I went. Shot around 100 rounds flawlessly. Then had about 4 failures in the next 25 rounds.

Last edited:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I just bought one on Friday to replace my Kel-Tec PF-9. I went in to buy our son a knife for Christmas and came out with a knife, a box of Hornady Critical Defense .45 ... and a new gun. I hate when that happens. :D

I took it to the range on Saturday to run some ammo through it and to compare it with the PF-9 and my other Sigs. Here are my thoughts about the P938 ...

It's heavier than the PF-9, which is to be expected. It's all metal, as opposed to the Kel-Tec having a plastic lower. I bought the rubber-grip model of P938, so its grip has more bulk than the other models and, with the magazine lip, fits better in my hand.

I ran about 50 rounds through it, all PNC, with no issues whatsoever. No failures to feed, fire or eject. And it didn't kick as much as the KT, probably due mostly to the extra weight.

I was disappointed with the accuracy of the pistol compared with the PF-9. Despite the annoying kick of the PF-9, it was more accurate for me than the P938, and I attribute that to the HEAVY trigger pull. It's listed as 7.5-8.5 lbs, and it feels twice that! I found it impossible to pull steadily without jerking it for some reason. It might be the geometry of the trigger itself, or the fact that, being a small pistol, the pad of my index finger doesn't naturally fall on the trigger as with other, larger guns. Regardless, the long, hard trigger pull isn't good. I'm going to contact Sig to see if there's anything that can be done to lighten the pull.

I found the safety to be very tight and hard to disengage. I'm hoping that it will loosen up with time and use.

Field stripping is another issue. I got spoiled with my first Sig -- lock the slide back, flip the lever release and then release the slide and >presto!< the slide comes off. End of story. One slide, one plunger and recoil spring, a barrel and the lower. Love it.

However, the P938 strips more like a 1911 in that you lock the slide back, then pop out the slide release lever, and then remove the slide. The recoil spring is a flat spring steel spring, not a round one. I found it really difficult and frustrating to compress the spring and plunger during reassembly, especially when my hands were coated with CLP! I used a couple of bad words. Other than those two issues, it's still a Sig. Parts fit well, move smoothly and lock up solidly.

So, that's my take on the P938 so far. If it's going to be a BUG, I'm not sure it's worth the money over a PF-9 or something similar. I've never had a failure with my Kel-Tec (unlike many others), but if it's not my EDC, then I'm not as concerned. However, because I tend to CC with an IWB holster, size is a concern for me, and the P938 may indeed become my EDC weapon. If that's the case, then I'd really like to see a better, lighter, smoother trigger system and a less-stiff safety.

I hope that helps.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Sold a number of them and the feedback has been positive for the most part. I had one older guy and his wife buy two and one started jamming on him. He brought it in and we started looking at and discovered the firing pin plate had fallen out and lichen the pin in the fire mode.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I love mine, but I do agree about the trigger. My hands and fingers are smaller than most, and the gun almost seems small to me, in relation to where my trigger finger ends up! My other handgun is a 45 acp, and i'm not that great of a shot, but I seem more accurate with it. I like the P938 for CC though, it's barely bigger than the 380 I had. The only malfunctions I've had were with reloads...once in awhile get a FTF or FTE. Not often. I've probably got over 300 rounds thru it so far...

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I need to confess that, because of work responsibilities today, I posted my P938 review and impressions BEFORE I watched the video posted on this thread.

Man, can that guy shoot!

I defer to his judgment about the trigger pull. His knowledge base is far more vast than mine, I'm sure. However, my basis of comparison was with the Kel-Tec PF-9 and a couple of P226s. The PF-9 is DAO and has a trigger pull listed as 5 lbs, compared with the SAO trigger pull of 7.5-8.5 lbs of the P938. It sure seemed to be a long, hard pull with the Sig by comparison. Perhaps it will smooth out in time.

Take my review for what it's worth -- just a Hoosier Hick with a gun. :D But if you're thinking that you'll plop down several hundred bucks for a small Sig and get performance equal to one of its larger brothers, I'd find someone who has one and give it a try first.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I think its a fantastic weapon. It shoots pretty well, I enjoy the trigger pull and its a work of art IMO. Inherently I don't think it could be as reliable as a Glock or M&P, but it is a great/small BUG or pocket gun. My only complaint is the price. At $630ish+, I think there are better options available. The Shield being the main one, but they are notoriously hard to find. Its well over a hundred more than a Glock 26 (which I can pocket carry just fine) and the Glock is a functionally a superior weapon in every way. (Striker fired, trigger, capacity, reliability, ease of breakdown and cleaning, etc).

Top Bottom