Any Sig / GSG 1911 22lr owners out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    I've got a GSG 1911 22lr. This was my first pistol. Right away I put a barrel bushing, spring plug,solid guide rod and spring on it from CW Accessories. After putting around 1k rounds through it I polished all the contact surfaces between the slide and frame with some Flitz and polished the feed ramp. This has helped a lot with feed/eject issues. Now I'm considering putting conical barrel tip on it to see if that improves the accuracy any.

dXPCoC

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I bought one used last year, and I have found it eats anything I feed it like a champ. Accuracy isnt quite up to the level of my wifes Buckmark, but it is acceptable for what I was looking for. The only mods that have been done to it prior to me buying it appears to be the fiber optic sights.

ASMITH925

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Paragon
    I just bought a GSG and a couple of extra mags on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I'm waiting to find more ammo. I' ll probably replace the guide rod in the next couple weeks.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Mine was one of the early ones, so I had to replace the zinc barrel bushing with new one when it cracked at the flange. ATI sent me a replacement that was machined, so now I have a spare. I also changed out the guide rod for a stainless one, although I had no issues with my early solid (pre "X") version. Mine has over 7-8K rounds through it with no issues since the bushing break. I've never seen fit to run anything but Federal Bulk and CCI subsonic (with a suppressor) through it and neither has given me any trouble. I have seen but not tried the conical barrel tip; let us know how it works.

buddydog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    b3056e45a1e9e8bc60310566cac1f15a_zps5fd6ba90.jpg

+Wilson Combat hammer, ambi safety, main spring housing and sear spring.
    +Ed Brown beavertail.
    +ZRTS guide rod, guide rod spring, end plug, threaded adaptor and compensator.
    +Dawson Precision fiber optic front and adjustable rear sights.
    +Micarta grips.
    +Shock Bottle magazine extender.
    +Reduced trigger pull from 7 LBS to 3 LBS.

redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    b3056e45a1e9e8bc60310566cac1f15a_zps5fd6ba90.jpg

+Wilson Combat hammer, ambi safety, main spring housing and sear spring.
    +Ed Brown beavertail.
    +ZRTS guide rod, guide rod spring, end plug, threaded adaptor and compensator.
    +Dawson Precision fiber optic front and adjustable rear sights.
    +Micarta grips.
    +Shock Bottle magazine extender.
    +Reduced trigger pull from 7 LBS to 3 LBS.

:yesway: Now that is one good looking setup! Can you tell any difference after you added the compensator?

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've got a sig that I traded a p6 for straight up. It's a tac driver. I would like to upgrade the guide rod and put some of these SWEET punisher grips I found on amazon on it. And mags, lots and lots of mags.
    Also, the plus 4 followers I would recommend highly!

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I bought one from BGF last summer before the industry craziness began. The gun is painted, so some of the contact points needed some working through. I have about 3000 rounds through and the ejection/feed issues I've had with the cheapest of the cheap ammo are starting to go away. This was my first gun, so I wasn't exactly confident with what I was doing when cleaning it, but now that I'm more comfortable with that, it seems to be behaving much better.

I was in BGF last night buying some .40 S&W ammo for my new Ruger SR40c and saw that they have the GSG 1911 for only $30 more than I paid for mine last summer.

James Bond 007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    :yesway: Now that is one good looking setup! Can you tell any difference after you added the compensator?
    In theory, a compensator counteracts felt recoil by redirecting the expanding gases as they exit the muzzle. Since .22LR has very modest recoil to begin with, it is doubtful a compensator for this caliber does much more than hang off the end of the slide and look good...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I concur - I'd be surprised if the compensator provided much effect on the .22, but it does look pretty neat.

+1 on the mag followers that give an extra 4 rounds. They work very well.

I haven't gotten around to replacing the grip safety on mine, but that is probably the first real modification that I would undertake. The stock grip safety doesn't always positively disengage, so I'd like to add one with a bump to match those on my other 1911s.

All in all, a very satisfying little pistol, made even more so with a Huntertown Arms Guardian screwed on the end.

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    Bought the Sig several months ago with the exception of several FTF's it is gold.

redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    Another mod I did to mine right of the bat was to remove the magazine safety. I'd like to find someone whose put an alignment cone on the barrel to find out if they improve accuracy any.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom