• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I am a 22 year old kid. And the guns I have been aquireing have been skewing my view on the more common guns. My list started with a savage Mark II bolt gun and a winchester 1300. then after a long break Six years I think I bout a beretta 92fs, then in a few years I purchased a savage made no4 mk1, Garand, FAL, SLR-95, Sig P6 , Sig P220, SIG 556, Glock 19, 91/30, might be missing one but you get the poin. After shooting the Beretta even the sig's recoil have begun to seem rough, and this is why I don't care for the milspec 1911, ( I plan on a danwesson bobtail or Loaded Springfeild down the road) Playing with the Sig556 I don't care for the springy feeling I get when charging the Ar-15, and the sig 556 also made me hate the feel and sound of the buffer on an Ar as well.
    The SLR -95 got me used to a good ak and when firing some of the Century AK's the trigger slap distracted my shots. MY buddy let me shot his old HK benelli M1 ( think that was the mod. designation) and every since care less and less for the rem 1100.

Maybe someday It will elevate to some really nice guns like valmets, Holland and Holland, Blasers, STI and the stupi high end stuff.

I really hope I can change my ways and enjoy lower priced guns , tht lack some of the fit and finish of the guns I own, or covet, so I can buy more ammo and accesories.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I am a 22 year old kid. And the guns I have been aquireing have been skewing my view on the more common guns. My list started with a savage Mark II bolt gun and a winchester 1300. then after a long break Six years I think I bout a beretta 92fs, then in a few years I purchased a savage made no4 mk1, Garand, FAL, SLR-95, Sig P6 , Sig P220, SIG 556, Glock 19, 91/30, might be missing one but you get the poin. After shooting the Beretta even the sig's recoil have begun to seem rough, and this is why I don't care for the milspec 1911, ( I plan on a danwesson bobtail or Loaded Springfeild down the road) Playing with the Sig556 I don't care for the springy feeling I get when charging the Ar-15, and the sig 556 also made me hate the feel and sound of the buffer on an Ar as well.
    The SLR -95 got me used to a good ak and when firing some of the Century AK's the trigger slap distracted my shots. MY buddy let me shot his old HK benelli M1 ( think that was the mod. designation) and every since care less and less for the rem 1100.

Maybe someday It will elevate to some really nice guns like valmets, Holland and Holland, Blasers, STI and the stupi high end stuff.

I really hope I can change my ways and enjoy lower priced guns , tht lack some of the fit and finish of the guns I own, or covet, so I can buy more ammo and accesories.

Please don't call yourself a kid. I'm 23 and I haven't considered myself a kid in a decade.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Am I missing something here?

Gun snob? SLR-95, glock 19, Sig P6? Those guns are all over the place, I'd say if you want to be a gun snob you are going to need to get a little more highend weaponary.

The gun snobs I know are toating HK UMPs, HK mp5's, HK 21's and other various class 3.

I'd say you are still an ameture :dunno:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I'm with coltaceguy. A snob would be yammering on about S&W Performance Center models, Kimber Custom shop, Les Baer, Ed Brown and one off custom pieces. They are out there in this group but you just don't hear them bragged about. Refered to or commented on but no bragging. This is a great group we have here. Let's not get into one upmanship. It's not what you shoot, it's how well you shoot and THAT you shoot.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    The point is you are gaining experience and noticing the "little things" that make one gun "worth" more than another. That's a good thing. As long as you don't put down the people that own the lower priced stuff, then you are an Afficianado, not a snob.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I agree with coltace and jimbo. OP's firearms are not what I consider to be high end precision target guns. Also, high priced guns are not always inherently more accurate or better than less expensive guns. Hell, I enjoy shooting all of them!

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Damn kids get off my lawn! :oldwise:

Seriously, if I had a Glock 19, I'd be doing anything but posting about how much of a snob I thought I was becoming. There is NO other gun which exemplifies lowest common denominator than a Glock. :stickpoke:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Now if you had say Colts and XDs we would consider letting you into the snob club but as long as you're talking Glocks you are in there with a group that is too big to be considered snobs. Every nube gets a Glock.

It does sound like you are learning the difference between manufacturers.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel

Seriously, if I had a Glock 19, I'd be doing anything but posting about how much of a snob I thought I was becoming. There is NO other gun which exemplifies lowest common denominator than a Glock. :stickpoke:

I still regret letting that kimber you had for sale go by me. >.>

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Yes, Crystalship1, there are many on this board who own desirable guns and expensive ones too. That was my point in the early part of this thread. We don't want to get into compairing who has what and trying to out do the other. We are all proud of our collections, be they big or small. The whole idea is to strive for perfect aim, trigger controll, sight picture, speed, etc. What you shoot or have in your safe is not important. We all like to share our pride in what we have but should not "look down" on those who do not own a certain brand/model/type. We are all one family and must stick togeather or we will all loose our rights. I know I am always glad to let others try out some of my "prize pieces" if only that they can make valid comparesons

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Yes, Crystalship1, there are many on this board who own desirable guns and expensive ones too. That was my point in the early part of this thread. We don't want to get into compairing who has what and trying to out do the other. We are all proud of our collections, be they big or small. The whole idea is to strive for perfect aim, trigger controll, sight picture, speed, etc. What you shoot or have in your safe is not important. We all like to share our pride in what we have but should not "look down" on those who do not own a certain brand/model/type. We are all one family and must stick togeather or we will all loose our rights. I know I am always glad to let others try out some of my "prize pieces" if only that they can make valid comparesons

Uhhhh.... OK??? :dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The funny thing is that what is now fine cuisine was once garbage food only first eaten by someone hungry and poor enough to stick that slimy thing in their mouths.

That is where the AK is going, or at panic prices - is. It is now high class AKs run, if you can get your hands on an Arsenal 105 anymore, for $1500+. M1 carbines used to be girly toys for kids to play with, now buy one for under $500 in decent shape.

The day a krinkov runs $2000+ without having any auto sear in it is the day we have found the new new caviar. Oh, wait, we are there...

BTW, I love my Aks and would love an M1. ;)

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I own high end rifles, pistols and revolvers and I own low end ones to boot. I ain't no snob, I sir, am a nerd! And proud of it!

Well, I used to own those guns, until I went fishing and had that darn boat flip over on me. :>)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have to admit, I can't shoot my SKS anymore. After shooting the M1A's often, I can't bring myself to do it anymore. My pistols are not all created equal but fun none the less. Not a gun snob, nope, just a guy without enough ammo or training!

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Couldnt have put it any better :patriot:

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana

What are you trying to say there old man!

My glock doesn't look cool?

It goes bang, and sometimes its goes KA-BOOM.

:laugh:

Top Bottom