• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I attended classes there last year. The instruction was outstanding. I'm going back this year.

The owner might not be the most upstanding businessman, but the instructors are extremely helpful, and the courses are very educational. I wish I could attend many more classes there.

dfcrane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Feb 25, 2011
    South West Indiana
    I attended the four day defensive handgun course with my 18 year old son last spring and had a wonderful time. The instructors were excellent and the pace was just right for a beginning course. I have not taken any of the advanced courses and therefore I can not comment on them. The only marketing that went on during the four days I was there was an optional video one day at lunch that my son and I elected not to attend. I would suggest you only take advice from people who have actually been there and make your decisions on your own. I did not buy any memberships, but will go back again if the chance presents itself.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I took it as a scam,heck it IS in Vegas ,But why not try it.I didnt give them a chance because they dont allow reloaded ammo,guess they dont want anyone to have a better advantage lol

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I don't remember why I fell for their advertising, but I was lucky enough to snag a Lifetime Membership that included something like 8-10 different courses. Am I a lucky guy, or what? :D

Anyway, I haven't had the opportunity to make good on that membership quite yet. From what I've read, the 4-day Defensive Handgun course is a good one to start with. Since my wife just took an NRA Basic Handgun Intro Course, I'm hoping that perhaps she would join me there. I'm not holding my breath.

It's good to hear that not everybody is down on Front Sight. Yeah, I get tired of the constant e-mails, and I wouldn't trust Ignatius Piazza to walk my dog (and I don't even have a dog!) -- however, for the cost of travel, car, hotel and ammo, it sounds like I can get some decent basic training, and that's what I need.

I've asked them with repeated e-mails when they plan to open a FS range somewhere east of the Mississippi. My e-mails remain unanswered.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    . however, for the cost of travel, car, hotel and ammo, it sounds like I can get some decent basic training, and that's what I need.

I've asked them with repeated e-mails when they plan to open a FS range somewhere east of the Mississippi. My e-mails remain unanswered.

Okay, since you brought it up. Could you tell me why that with all of the top level training available in Indiana, why would you go to Nevada? This is not an anti-Frontsight thing. You can get Ayoob, Farnam, Fortress Defense, and of course Suarez International all without leaving Indiana. There are also many great lesser known (meaning lesser known nationally) outfits here as well such as ACT, and I am sure others. This is not a rant against you, just a serious question as to the decision process.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Okay, since you brought it up. Could you tell me why that with all of the top level training available in Indiana, why would you go to Nevada? This is not an anti-Frontsight thing. You can get Ayoob, Farnam, Fortress Defense, and of course Suarez International all without leaving Indiana. There are also many great lesser known (meaning lesser known nationally) outfits here as well such as ACT, and I am sure others. This is not a rant against you, just a serious question as to the decision process.

No, not exactly. As I said, I no longer remember how I found out about Front Sight a few years ago, and no offense taken at the question. I just wish I had a better answer.

I had a couple of .22 rifles and a shotgun as a kid and hunted by myself. No dad or friend to teach me anything. I never had any formal instruction. Fast forward to a few years ago when my latent interest in guns re-emerged and I started to invest in some handguns. Still no instruction in their proper use and care. Still no shooting friends to give me basic instruction.

So, it was likely just the confluence of timing and need that prompted me to look into Front Sight. That, and the booming economy when I apparently figured that, if it was indeed a scam, I could afford to lose my investment. I tend to be impulsive at times and jump into things without the requisite due diligence, but I'm getting better about that.

As for the names you dropped -- never heard of 'em. I'm a noob to firearms. I could drop names like Christensen, Buchanan, Malamed and Misch on you and you'd be as clueless, but most dentists could tell you who each one is and his area of expertise.

Had I not already bought a membership, I wouldn't give FS a second thought. I don't want the hassle of flying with my guns, I don't want to spend the money on the travel and housing, and I don't like Vegas. I'd like nothing better than to be able to throw what I need into my truck and drive a couple of hours for a day of good training, but I didn't know it existed. And, were it not for discovering INGO, I STILL wouldn't know that I have alternative training options. I saw a carbine/pistol training session upcoming nearby that I'd love to attend, but will unfortunately be out of town on that day.

As an aside, I would love to take instruction from none other than my own son. As a Marine infantryman with a couple of tours under his belt and currently making Marines out of pimply-faced, long-haired, maggot-infested hippies :D at Parris Island, weapons instruction is part of what he does. Were he not presently occupied in that endeavor, I'm sure I could get what I need from him.

I hope that answered your question about why I am a Front Sight member. Rest assured that I will be looking for local opportunities to train as they are presented, and please feel free to PM me if you are aware of good training in northern IN at any time. Thanks for your patience as I learn.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Top Bottom