Any local places to buy a decent gun belt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Just wondering if there are any places around central Indy to look for a decent leather gun belt. I'd rather be able to look at one first hand than wait 8 weeks to get one made by an online vendor.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have 3, and bought them all at gun shows in the area. As far as a store that you can walk into and actually buy one, the only place I have seen a decent selection was at Gander Mountain, but I would think there are a few local gun stores that have some selection available for inspection before purchase.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Elmore's had Bladetech belts in stock last week when I stopped in.

Of course they couldn't take the time to notice I was in the store, so I left. Without a belt....without a sling....without a mag for my MKII...

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll definitely check out the Bullbelt. The 5.11 is sadly a no go for me although it feels solid. the 32-24 size is too small with IWB and the 36-40 has way too much excess. If I don't go with the Bullbelt I guess I'll just wait for the next 1500. By the way, does anyone have experience with the "Amish Belt"?

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll definitely check out the Bullbelt. The 5.11 is sadly a no go for me although it feels solid. the 32-24 size is too small with IWB and the 36-40 has way too much excess. If I don't go with the Bullbelt I guess I'll just wait for the next 1500. By the way, does anyone have experience with the "Amish Belt"?
    If you're going to wait... Why not get one from TheBeltMan.net? Both me and my wife have one from there and they're excellent custom made belts.

I got 7 holes at 3/4" instead of 5 at 1" to give me more adjustment when wearing IWB. Also allows for my weight fluctuation.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If you're going to wait... Why not get one from TheBeltMan.net? Both me and my wife have one from there and they're excellent custom made belts.

I got 7 holes at 3/4" instead of 5 at 1" to give me more adjustment when wearing IWB. Also allows for my weight fluctuation.
    On this note, are there any cheaper alternatives to Beltman that would be not quite as nice quality wise and cheaper, yet still offer a stiff, supportive belt?

My hesitation on getting a Beltman belt is that I'm hard on belts, and I'll likely ruin a $100 Beltman belt... I don't care what it looks like, I just want a leather belt that is built like a Beltman just not quite the attention to detail...

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Again, Daltech Force...Belts start at around $35-$40. Tough as nails and if you use INGO in the promo box at checkout, you get 10% off. I have used 4 different belts from them and have 3 in my rotation (i gave one to my dad) and have had no problem. Nothing against other belts, but for the money, I haven't found anything better.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    On this note, are there any cheaper alternatives to Beltman that would be not quite as nice quality wise and cheaper, yet still offer a stiff, supportive belt?

My hesitation on getting a Beltman belt is that I'm hard on belts, and I'll likely ruin a $100 Beltman belt... I don't care what it looks like, I just want a leather belt that is built like a Beltman just not quite the attention to detail...
    Not sure - the beltman I have is extremely durable and I don't anticipate needing to replace it before several years unless I gain or lose a ton of weight.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I bought a 5.11 Casual belt at Gander Mountain as my IWB belt. With spring/summer approaching, I'll be back to wearing my cargo shorts that afford me more interior room to wear IWB.

My OWB belt is a Beltman Belt. I, too, went for 7 holes @ .75" for more adjustment.

If you want IWB, you can get away with a slightly thinner / less stiff belt due to the inward pressure of the belt + pants + outward pressure of your body.

A fat guy like me needs two different belts of two different lengths in order to flip flop between IWB and OWB - so I bit the proverbial bullet and now have ~$140 wrapped up in two belts...

(And that's after having bought two other belts that were too small..and sold them. Then ordered a Beltman belt...too small. Sold that one, too.) Seems having carry belts is the same as holster shopping. Step one: Get a box (to put the cast-offs in)

-J-

Top Bottom