• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bohica

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    It anyone is interest I have a 95 XJ with great running gear and a rusted out floor pans and frame (came from SW NW) I am selling it for parts. This is a running driveable (short distance, would not put back on the road) XJ. Has the 4.0L does not burn any oil 215K miles, posi rear, body panels are good as is the drive train. Can be seen on Craigslist. or just shoot me a message

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    DSCN53205267Lg.jpg

1997 wrangler for $8k....looks nice but dang, lot of money. If I get any jeep, I want to drive with the doors and roof off.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's about the right price.

Great thing about Wranglers, they hold their value. You could resell it later and almost get your money back.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It's a Rubicon (if it is and not just rebadged).
    Yank the stupid looking stinger bumper off, put something else on and wheel it as is.

If you just want summer fun, don't get a Rubicon, as they have offroad stuff from the factory that keeps the price higher.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    It anyone is interest I have a 95 XJ with great running gear and a rusted out floor pans and frame (came from SW NW) I am selling it for parts. This is a running driveable (short distance, would not put back on the road) XJ. Has the 4.0L does not burn any oil 215K miles, posi rear, body panels are good as is the drive train. Can be seen on Craigslist. or just shoot me a message

What is the cL link? I will post it on naxja, might be someone needing parts.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Now I don't know what to look for... should I avoid yj altogether and stick to tj only? Should I look for a more basic tj and upgrade parts on it or just go ahead and get a trail ready rubicon?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Now I don't know what to look for... should I avoid yj altogether and stick to tj only? Should I look for a more basic tj and upgrade parts on it or just go ahead and get a trail ready rubicon?

The one you posted looks ready to go. Rubicons are great, but don't underestimate a stock TJ or even a YJ. How many miles on the one you posted, and what engine? I had a 4cyl YJ that was great off road with only 29" tires. It did 85% of what my lifted 4Dr Rubicon with 33" tires will do, and it fit through tighter places.

Btw, I like the look of that Stinger bumper.:yesway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Caleb,
    You can wheel a stock Jeep. I am currently playing around in a mostly stock CJ-7. I take it just about anyplace I want to, the biggest challenge is that I can just power over an obstacle, like a built rig. You have to think yup way over stuff....

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ok, here are some possible options(Most favorite to least):

DSCN53215268Lg.jpg

DSCN53225269Lg.jpg

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport Motor: inline 6 cylinder Price: $7,995.00 Description: 4wd, inline 6 cylinder, 5 speed, A/C, 4" lift, stinger front bar and rear bumper, full steal soft top, serviced, ready to go!
    2nd:

27298290183.329071324.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

27298290185.329071324.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

[No Engine Shot]

Primary information about this vehicle:

AT Car ID:AT-139D3ADC Price $5,900

Mileage140,148 Body StyleSport Utility Exterior ColorBlack Engine6 Cylinder Gasoline Drive Type4 wheel drive - rear Fuel TypeGasoline DoorsTwo Door Stock No.121445A VIN View Vin Get a Loan
    Get a CARFAX Record Check for this Jeep
    Get a free insurance quote for this Jeep

Vehicle Description

Options Installed
    • Bucket Seats
    • Dual Air Bags
    • Power Steering
    • Rear Bench Seat
    • Skid Plates
    • Tachometer
    • Tinted or Privacy Glass
    • Vinyl Upholstery

Seller's Description and Comments TEXT I NEED A CAR TO 937-417-9710.

Please call or e-mail to verify information and availability because our inventory changes frequently. Prices do not include tax, title, license & doc fees. All prices reflect our policy of SPECIAL INTERNET ONLY PRICING. In order to insure you the best possible no-haggle price available you must present a printout of this ad upon arrival. We pride ourselves in making sure that our pricing reflects a fair market price when compared to similar vehicles listed by our competition. Disclaimer Sales Tax, Title, License Fee, Registration Fee, Dealer Documentary Fee, Finance Charges, Emission Testing Fees and Compliance Fees are additional to the advertised price.
    3rd:

27417133684.329241047.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

27417133706.329241047.IM1.24.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

27417133683.329241047.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

27417133690.329241047.IM1.08.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

AT Car ID:AT-139FD1D7 Price $5,491

Mileage163,411 Body StyleSport Utility Exterior ColorBlue Interior ColorGray Engine6 Cylinder Gasoline Transmission5 Speed Manual Drive Type4 wheel drive - rear Fuel TypeGasoline DoorsTwo Door Stock No.TYP789734 VIN View Vin Get a Loan
    View the Free CARFAX Report for this Jeep
    Get a free insurance quote for this Jeep

Vehicle Description

Options Installed
    • 4x4
    • AM/FM Stereo Radio
    • Air Conditioning
    • Alloy Wheels
    • Cassette Player
    • Cloth Upholstery
    • Cruise Control
    • Dual Airbags
    • Front Bucket Seats
    • Interval Wipers
    • Reclining Seats
    • Roll Bar
    • Tachometer
    • Tilt Steering Wheel
    • Tire Carrier
    • Trip Odometer

Seller's Description and Comments Local trade-in, one owner 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 163,409 miles!! Slight Carfax accident reported. This vehicle comes equipped with air conditioning, hard top, alloy wheels, plus more! Professionally detailed with a used car inspection that includes an oil change, phantom footprint installation to protect you from auto theft, and tire rotation. It has been Sonic safety inspected by our top ASE certified technicians. Call us directly to schedule your test drive or email us at hatfieldhyundai@eleadtrack.net . Make sure you come to the Subaru building across the street from Kia and behind the Volkswagen and Toyota stores. It is the third building on the right side of the automall. Thank you for choosing Hatfield Hyundai located in Ohio. We are a Sonic Automotive Premier Dealership and strive every day to make your experience with us unforgettable. Sonic Automotive is one of the largest automotive retailers in the United States and a true leader in the industry. Our mission is to be one of America's best places to work and shop. Our dealerships offer a variety of services from new and used vehicle sales, warranty, extended warranty, collision repair, parts replacement, financing and insurance. Best of all, we offer our True Price on each every vehicle we sell. True Price is based on the selling price of similar vehicles in the market and it's your assurance that you are being offered a price that is straightforward, accurate, and in line with what you've likely researched. This eliminates the need for haggling and negotiations and puts the focus on finding you the vehicle of your dreams. Throughout the car shopping experience, we strive to provide the price you want, the knowledge you need and a dealership you can trust. Please contact us for further information or stop in and see us!

TRUE PRICE - Informed. Accurate. Trusted. Our inventory changes from day to day and some vehicles shown may be sold or pending bank approval. Disclaimer All prices exclude tax, tags, title, registration fees and documentary service charges. Prices include rebates and incentives. See Dealer for details!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I like option one the most, but I doubt I would get enough out of my focus trading it in. Option two and three looks nice, doubt they have dana 44 in them. Option 3 I might have the most money to walk away from after trading in my focus.

What should I do?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I like option one the most, but I doubt I would get enough out of my focus trading it in. Option two and three looks nice, doubt they have dana 44 in them. Option 3 I might have the most money to walk away from after trading in my focus.

What should I do?

Option 1 probably doesn't have Dana 44 axles under it either. Not everything with a Rubicon decal is the real deal. To me it looks like someone tossed a body lift under it, put a stinger and some bigger tires on it, and tossed a set of Rubicon Decals one the hood...

Option 3 would be my choice out of what you have listed.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    They made some non Rubicon TJ's with 44's. Think it was special order, coworker got a TJ when they first came out, with a 44.

IMHO if there's a loan on the vehicle, one probably shouldn't be wheeling it hard enough to risk the D35 ;)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    They made some non Rubicon TJ's with 44's. Think it was special order, coworker got a TJ when they first came out, with a 44.

IMHO if there's a loan on the vehicle, one probably shouldn't be wheeling it hard enough to risk the D35 ;)

There won't be a loan

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I am pretty sure there were no 97 TJ's as a Rubicon. I'm even more sure if you want a Dana 44 under a 97 TJ you have to put then there too.... ;)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I am pretty sure there were no 97 TJ's as a Rubicon. I'm even more sure if you want a Dana 44 under a 97 TJ you have to put then there too.... ;)

Caleb,

If you get pics of the axles, I can tell you what they are....

I was thinking if I got option two or three, I'll add Dana 44 at a later date if they don't have them equipped. I'll see if they can take some pictures...

Another question, how much do you suppose I can get for my 2005 ford focus as a trade in vs private sale?

Top Bottom