• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Ok I am 5' 10 270lbs. Not the smallest guy in the world. I recently purchased a glock 23. Now i am trying to find a IWB holster. Can anyone recommend anything? I have looked at glocktalk and and several people said Mtac, But according to the website we have no local dealers. Printing does not seem to be the issue as much as comfort. the spare tire gets in the way. lol. can any one help?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :+1: on the MTAC. Although, I'm relatively skinny, so I can't help you with your body type. I can tell you that it's an outstanding holster, though.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I am 5'11'' and 180 pounds, and I have a G19 with an MTAC. Depending on what size shirt I am wearing, it conceals pretty well.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Ok I am 5' 10 270lbs. Not the smallest guy in the world. I recently purchased a glock 23. Now i am trying to find a IWB holster. Can anyone recommend anything? I have looked at glocktalk and and several people said Mtac, But according to the website we have no local dealers. Printing does not seem to be the issue as much as comfort. the spare tire gets in the way. lol. can any one help?

I'm a little taller and a tad heavier than you and I carry my M&P .40c in an MTAC and it is very comfortable.

I asked a question like this a few months ago and got some great advice. In fact, the MTAC was a recommendation.

It is a great holster. I still print a little bit with a T-shirt, but with an untucked button-up shirt my M&P disappears.

I also carry my little Kahr in a Desantis pocket holster. That works best for summer carry.

When winter gets here, I think any sweatshirt will easily cover my M&P in my MTAC.

Plus, you get free smarties candy with your order. :rockwoot:

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I am 6'4 280lbs, but have weighed as much as 330lbs while carrying. I have a couple of Crossbreed holsters. They are very comfortable and well made. I have been extremely pleased and will purchase my next holsters from them. They made a few changes to the attachment points and when I emailed them about purchasing the new method, they shipped out a replacement set on their dime.

Good luck in your carrying choice!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

AHHHHH!!!! It's my friggin doppleganger, I knew this would happen some day....

Seriously, I am 5'8" & 270 so you make me look thin. You will find at any given shoot about 30% of the guys there are LARGE to say the least. Oh, and I carry a Glock 23 outside of daily after 6pm (my gun has a doppleganger too!).

I tried a variety of guns and holsters. In the end I found that OWB was best for my 23 (during the day shift I can only pocket carry a J-Frame &/or a P3AT). It means that I have to wear shirt loose, but that is fine.

When I did carry IWB, the key was a inside tank top shirt to get the holster off the skin. Also any holster needs to have leather/kydex all the way up on the inside. Finally get a really good belt, it is the key.

Some of the best concealed carry I have "never seen" is done by big guys. It can be done.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I forgot, if you go OWB, check out speed scabbards. It is the only OWB holster type I will use for any sidearm.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm not a small feller... 6'3"-ish and 276lbs (as of 2:30 last Friday afternoon)

I carry my Kahr CW-40 IWB no problem in a High Noon Holsters Split Decison.

Granted, the CW-40 is a single-stack pistol that's a heck of a lot smaller than a G-19.

So, give High Noon Holsters a gander... They're reasonably priced and have good customer service.

-J-

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I am 5'8" 200lbs and then some. I have a Galco IWB that I got on a swingin deal (two used galco's one IWB and one OWB both leather) for $50.
    I just LOVE the IWB. I have priced them at around $70ea and as another poster wrote, I always wear an under shirt (tank top or on cooler days just another t-shirt under my over shirt.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    5'9", 220. Make of that what you will. My IWB is a Don Hume PCCH, toting a Glock 30. One shirt is not enough, but two (t-shirt plus open-front cover shirt) does well. Highly recommend wearing an undershirt/tank-top to prevent chafing.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    im 6ft and at 280 & I like my Don Hume leather IWB holster for my XD-9 svc. Its simple and carrys great.

Top Bottom