Any Good Shooting Range in Indianapolis?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pkoko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Hello

I am looking at a nice shooting range like atterbury but closer to the north side of Indy. I shoot mainly 22s Pistol and Rifles and I am a beginning shooter. So 25-50 yds is plenty of distance for me. Any reccomendations?

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Fall Creek Valley C.C.------south of Anderson------they have a "walking archery range"----5 trap fields------7yd,25yd,50yd,and 100yd rifle/pistol range-----membership is 100.00 for the first year,50.00 pr year after-------they have several instructors for most disiplines-----.22,high power,trap,and archery matches-----hunter safety courses---------------- fcvcc.org

I probably have more guns than I need----but not nearly as many as I want

Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    Atlanta Conservation Club is nice. Big, lots of bays. Never a wait. Also about $100 a year.
    It's at about 296th street and sr19.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a soon to expire range membership at the eastside Pop Guns, am in there every other thursday at around 1 PM.

No problems, I am in and out in 20 mins firing about a box of 50 each session.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I was recently told about Hamilton County Fish & Game's range. Membership is about $150 a year for a 100 yd. rifle, 50 yd and 25 yd. range. They shoot IDPA matches the second weekend of each month. With your membership you get a key to the range so you can shoot when you want. I'm going to check out the IDPA with a friend next weekend.

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    While not a member yet of Fall Creek Valley CC, I've been shooting there as a guest. Nice place to shoot and after the first year, only 50 bucks a year. And it's not a bad drive from my location in Fishers.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I also belong to Marion County Fish & Game but it is on the westside by Crawforsville rd and 465. You best bet for a close range is Atlanta - nice outdoor range

Elfboy26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I was at Popguns yesterday. It was ok. I'm in Noblesville and am also curious about Hamilton Co. Fish and Game. Any members wanna let me tag along to check it out:D

pkoko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    I ended up getting membership at popguns. I honestly had good time there and the range is exactly what I need for my Pistol shooting needs. I just wish I can shoot Center Fire Rifles there. It is also aint a bad drive from Carmel. The older bald gentleman was very courteous and nice. I also enjoy the free target per visit and free ear protection. It is a good range for first time shooters.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I am going to be on the North side of Indy tomorrow, Saturday, 4th of June, and am looking for a place to go shoot. Any suggestions not already made would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks TFT, I was hoping it would be open I could do some shooting there.

What about non member shooting at teh Indy Range (Marion County Fish & Game) is there such a thing? I saw they are having a shoot and their range is closed but their bays are open.

Anyone want to run some drills?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Thanks TFT, I was hoping it would be open I could do some shooting there.

What about non member shooting at teh Indy Range (Marion County Fish & Game) is there such a thing? I saw they are having a shoot and their range is closed but their bays are open.

Anyone want to run some drills?

There is no open shooting for non-members. You need an electronic card to get in the gate. Guest fee is $10 per shooter. Most times, when there are scheduled events, the bays remain open for shooting. Allows us to have more scheduled events without cramping the style of those who would rather shoot on their own.

Top Bottom