Any good gun stores between Indy and Louisville around 65?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Looks like I have to make a trip to Louisville for work tomorrow. I rarely go down 65, so I was wondering between Indy and Louisville if there were any must see gun shops??

I plan to stop at Acme Sports in Seymour in case you want to suggest it ;)

thanks,
    clay

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While in Seymour, you might as well stop in Bassmasters. 1610 E. Tipton, just East of Acme. Tons of hunting/fishing gear and a nice supply of rifles, pistols and ammo.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You could hit Beech Grove Firearms, Tactical Shotgunner, LE Firearms, and Indy Trading Post all in about an hour's time. They're just off I-65 at the Raymond Street exit (just south of downtown).

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I HIGHLY recommend Bite the Bullet in Seymour. He is a Master Dealer for Wilson and has Nighthawk and Glock. Not much in long guns but Bob is a helluva great guy. When coming off of 65, take the 55 exit, head east about 1/4 mile on 50, turn left (north) on 31 and go app. 3 miles. It is on the left hand side, just look for the little sign in his yard. His shop is in his garage and I know what you're thinking, but trust me, sweet selection, a great guy, and great prices. WELL worth the drive!
    And Acme is a super place as well. Steve and Joe are great guys too.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Stay away from Bassmasters in Seymour. Id recommend Acme in Seymour, Ace Hardware in Scottsburg, and Kieslers (now Orion Arms) in Clarksville. Havent been to Bite the Bullet, but have heard great things about him.

gmiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Kieslers is the name of the law enforcement part of the shop. Orion Arms is for general consumers. Not that it really matters, just as long as you get there. Most of the text on the signs outside say Kieslers.

And ++ on both Kieslers and 111 Gun Shop. But I'd recommend you hit up Kieslers first, just because getting back to Kieslers from 111 Gun Shop is quite a trick due to some recent "renovations" to the roads. But getting back on the interstate from 111 is pretty easy.

To get to Kieslers, get off at the Clarksville exit and turn left. Then immediately turn right, and immediately turn right again. Kieslers is about a mile or so on the left. To get to 111, go back the way you came and turn left on to the on ramp to get back on to 65, but there's a ramp on the right that lets you off the on ramp (if that make sense) that puts you on Kopp lane. 111 Gun Shop is about 1/2 mile up that road, just past the place with all the concrete statues.

To get back on 65, turn right when you leave 111 Gun Shop and go a couple of miles until you hit a main road (Eastern Blvd) and turn left.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I HIGHLY recommend Bite the Bullet in Seymour. He is a Master Dealer for Wilson and has Nighthawk and Glock. Not much in long guns but Bob is a helluva great guy. When coming off of 65, take the 55 exit, head east about 1/4 mile on 50, turn left (north) on 31 and go app. 3 miles. It is on the left hand side, just look for the little sign in his yard. His shop is in his garage and I know what you're thinking, but trust me, sweet selection, a great guy, and great prices. WELL worth the drive!
    And Acme is a super place as well. Steve and Joe are great guys too.

Bob's a great guy. True 1911 heaven, not to mention stacks of Dillon presses and accessories.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well, I didnt have a lot of time, so I was only able to stop at Acme Sports, but Im glad I did! Super nice guys working there and a great selection of things. I could have looked for hours! Prices were very reasonable as well. I picked up some 7.5 swiss, 380 golden sabers, and an adapter for my P22. :) thanks everyone!

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    While in Seymour, you might as well stop in Bassmasters. 1610 E. Tipton, just East of Acme. Tons of hunting/fishing gear and a nice supply of rifles, pistols and ammo.
    i wouldnt reccomend bassmasters anymore, new owner ship and employees are rude. They hardly carry anything firearms related anymore, theyve switched mainly to fishing stuff. Was treated like crap when in there this morning, not planning on ever going back. Acme is much better, Joe and Steve know their stuff and are fair and friendly to deal with:ar15:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Way out of date for original post, but FWIW I would most highly recommend The Primitive Peddler in Columbus (located in Eastbrook Plaza shopping center, corner of US31 and 25th Street). Great folks to deal with. :yesway:

Top Bottom