• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all - I'm looking at purchasing a bolt gun and want to keep it $500-600 or less. I am PRIMARILY looking at a T/C venture with weathershield or a Tikka T3 lite in stainless. Does anyone have experience on either of these rifles and can point out some pros and cons. It will be used for improving shooting basics, varmint work and some general range time. Likely to purchase in both .223 and .308, if I like the setup. Max range 400 yds, most shooting done between 100-200.
    (I know there are plenty of other options, most notably Remington 700 and some Savage offerings... feel free to chime in on these as well, but I am mostly looking at the T/C or the Tikka)
    Thanks all!
    Edit: The .223 would be meant more as a walking varmint rifle for winter coyotes, the .308 wouldn't need to be as portable... not sure if that would make a difference

Last edited:

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    I have a Tikka T3 Scout in .308W. I love the gun. (can't comment on a reg T3) Smoothest action you will ever have the privilege of working and mine is very sub MOA!! The only con is the mag. They are expensive and leave a lot to be desired. Don't let that stop you though!!

Here is a pic.

IMG_6234.jpg

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Last edited:

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    They are owned by Berretta, incase you didn't know. Sako also. I would love to have a Sako but finding one i can hold in my hand has not been possible yet.

Top Bottom