• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm not sure how much to say so I'll make it short .

My immediate supervisor / office manager ( an office woman ) has cussed me at work in front of other employees ,

Told me to watch out or I'd get raped ,

Flipped me off ,

Singled me out and given me a mandatory start time when no other employees in my department have start times ,

Shorted my hours through the week in order to coerice me to work weekends and now I have a two day suspension with write up and can't go back until wednesday because I told her I've worked the last two weekends to get one of the other drivers to work this weekend.

Any advice ?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Does your company have an employee handbook? Is your boss violating any of the provisions regarding work assignments or hours? I'm pretty sure most any handbook would have language in there about creating a hostile work environment. Were there any witnesses that would be willing to go to HR with you and describe what happened to you?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Document, document, document.
    Write a description of everything that has happened, including the full names of all witnesses and including dates and times right now while you can remember it.
    Once that is done, consider a consultation with a labor attorney who can tell you if you have a case.
    Be prepared to seek other employment and sue for lost wages and damages due to hostile work environment.
    My free advice is worth every penny you paid for it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Consult an attorney in real life, not over the internet.

I'm not an employment guy, but most attorneys will be loathe to give specific advice to a specific person in this format because they are creating a attorney-client relationship and subjecting themselves to a possible malpractice claim.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Document, document, document.
    Write a description of everything that has happened, including the full names of all witnesses and including dates and times right now while you can remember it.
    Once that is done, consider a consultation with a labor attorney who can tell you if you have a case.
    Be prepared to seek other employment and sue for lost wages and damages due to hostile work environment.
    My free advice is worth every penny you paid for it.

Maybe keep a voice recorder on you and recording.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Consult an attorney in real life, not over the internet.

I'm not an employment guy, but most attorneys will be loathe to give specific advice to a specific person in this format because they are creating a attorney-client relationship and subjecting themselves to a possible malpractice claim.

Right on .

Anyone ever use one they'd reccomend ?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Sounds like she is trying to push you out. Might be nothing that you have done, you may remind her of an Ex-BF that dumped her or something petty like that..... I'd be looking for a new gig pronto...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Small company with an evil person in charge... = Time to start looking for another job.

All the documentation, lawyers and money in the world are not going to make your situation any better. In fact it is likely to get worse as you become more frustrated.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    My old manager at Lowes who was later demoted from store manager to something less use to cuss at me in front of the whole delivery department. He always had something negative to say about me. Enough was enough one day when he started his tantrum I fired them right back at him.

He had to wait about 6-8 months to get something on me he could actually reprimand me for - I backed the box truck up a bit to far. He was very quick to take me out of delivery/pay cut.

He learned just as quick I knew their game and how to play their game right back.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    If you can jump into another job quickly, the lawyer thing may be moot unless you want to sue. Polish up that resume. Sounds like you'll land on your feet.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    My old manager at Lowes who was later demoted from store manager to something less use to cuss at me in front of the whole delivery department. He always had something negative to say about me. Enough was enough one day when he started his tantrum I fired them right back at him.

He had to wait about 6-8 months to get something on me he could actually reprimand me for - I backed the box truck up a bit to far. He was very quick to take me out of delivery/pay cut.

He learned just as quick I knew their game and how to play their game right back.

I think that may be part of it , out of 5 drivers , I'm the only one who hasn't had a spill or wreck because I'm a pre-trip nazi about the trucks .

The other day I asked about the bonuses we're supposed to get , that I haven't gotten yet and she blew me off .

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I'm the worst to ask advise from. If I screwed up it's one thing, but to be a butt head to me is something else and I bite back when someone just wants to be a butt head.
    I would ignore her/treat her the way she treats you, just make sure you have something to CYA with job wise!

When my deal at Lowes went down, I was already driving a bus (because they wanted us to get our CDL - driving the bus was easiest/cheapest way to get it) so thanks to them they gave me my own out!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ask for a meeting to hash things out, if she won't talk, plan on moving. Over the years I've found that there's a big variety in the way people communicate, some women cuss you out when they're hot for you.:)

Top Bottom