• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Or someone that stayed at a Holiday Inn last night? Starting earlier in the week. I started to get this tingling sensation around my left knee? It dont do it all the time. Mainly like when I am standing still. It feels like its goin to sleep but not quite all the way? I hate going to the doctor so if I can avoid it I will.

Last edited:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Not a doc or a nurse, but I have had one of my knees rebuilt. I would venture a guess that it is either a) mild tendinitis or b) just a chronic soreness from a life of use.

I still have this on occasion and am told it wont ever go away, though it can be made less of an issue. I started taking a joint soother supplement from Vitamin World and it has helped a lot. Anything with Glucosamine or Chondroitin will help some. When I was rehabbing my knee I was shocked at the effect that regular icing can have. I would sit up in bed, prop my knee up on something (i used a couch cushion), and place a bag of ice between the cushion and my knee, and another bag on top of my knee. Use a thin washcloth as a barrier between the bags and ur skin if the temp is painful. Do this semi regularly or anytime you have soreness and you will likely be suprised at the results.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Thanks Mike. I will def try the ice thing first. I would say I am a little young to have soreness from a life of use. But I started workin at 15 and since I turned 18 nothing but factories. And we all know how bad them concrete floors suck.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Thanks Mike. I will def try the ice thing first. I would say I am a little young to have soreness from a life of use. But I started workin at 15 and since I turned 18 nothing but factories. And we all know how bad them concrete floors suck.

Have you ever played sports? You'd be suprised how much pickup basketball can mess up your knees.

Does the tingling hurt? Does it go to sleep? Any problems below the knee?

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Have you ever played sports? You'd be suprised how much pickup basketball can mess up your knees.

Does the tingling hurt? Does it go to sleep? Any problems below the knee?
    I played baseball all the way up to high school. I was a bowler for 15 years and now play golf. Both of my knees both pop all the time. So I know my knees aint the best.

The tingling dont really hurt but it feels like its going to sleep but it dont. It quits after I shake it off. And if I still stand there it comes back a few minutes later.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I would see your family doctor, it could be as simple as an old injury, it could be sciatica (sciatic nerve damage, intrusion, inflammation) or it could be much worse, it could be the first symptoms of MS, or stroke. I would not tell you to see you MD if I didn't think you needed to.

Have you had any other changes in your normal state of well being? Do not think about the leg/knee, just in general?

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Age isnt really as much a factor as life is. I was only 25 when I tore my ACL. I had also had problems with both knees since I was 18. High school wrestling and too much time in steel toe boots did mine in. I will attest too that concrete floors are the absolute worst. If you spend much time in one place on a solid floor, invest in a gel/cushioned/anti fatigue mat. Snap On offers one of the best for a reasonable price.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Iam 52 and in the past 2 years have had the ACL and the PCL replaced and the MCL replaced twice (the first replacement part was contaminated with MRSA!). enough damage that I am now legally disabled (small check but great parking spaces). you probably have more damage then you think the way it sounds, the cartledge and then the membrane around the knee that protects the ligaments can only take so much! when you feel that tingy feeling it could be pressure on a nerve so be careful!

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Thanks for all the input guys. The thing that makes me think that its not blockage or anything is because it has only did it once while I was sitting. It only does it when I am standing in the same spot. But if it keeps it up I will def go see my doctor. Cause the sooner it gets fixed the better it will be.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I used to have a similar problem. One leg would start to tingle when I sat for more than a few minutes. Turned out to be a stretched hip flexor ligament that was allowing my hip to partially dislocate causing a pinched nerve. Chiropractors are your friend.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Or someone that stayed at a Holiday Inn last night? Starting earlier in the week. I started to get this tingling sensation around my left knee? It dont do it all the time. Mainly like when I am standing still. It feels like its goin to sleep but not quite all the way? I hate going to the doctor so if I can avoid it I will.

I would see your family doctor, it could be as simple as an old injury, it could be sciatica (sciatic nerve damage, intrusion, inflammation) or it could be much worse, it could be the first symptoms of MS, or stroke. I would not tell you to see you MD if I didn't think you needed to.

Have you had any other changes in your normal state of well being? Do not think about the leg/knee, just in general?

More than likely the above highlighted as RNM has pointed out, I had sciatica problems 3 times and experienced tingling to some degree along with pain.

As always, it is in your best interest to seek professional medical attention, it's the hands on part and many years of experience that they can provide that will determine just how slight of, or large of a problem you have.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom