• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Just picked up an 06 2500 4x4 quad cab. Been going through it little by little getting it ready to pull our horse trailer on a couple of up coming trips. Truck is pretty much stock with the exception of exhaust and a bullydog GT tuner. I don't have a tune installed on it currently just using it to monitor things. I want to add a remote fuel filter system that runs the 2 micron cat filter. I've seen kits that are pretty salty and I've seen kits for as little as $65. I don't know what I should run, or if I should piece my own together. Any thoughts?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    It really doesn't matter, a pusher pump is a pusher pump. Cat/Wix/Fass/Airdog filters all remove air and contaminates.

It's your money, do you want a no drill turn key Fass system or do you want to save money and piece a kit together on your own?

Be aware some of the electric fuel pumps are stupid noisy.

I assume you are just doing this for filtering/water separation as a tuner is not going to drain the rails on a common rail.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not up on the smaller Cummins but for the big truck engines, you really can't beat the Fass system. It does a great job of getting the air out of the fuel. Better throttle response and much easier on the injectors. Much better filtration too.

Top Bottom