Any Coleman lantern experts here? Vintage.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    I found an almost mint Coleman 200A single burner lantern. It has the box and manual but those are a little rough. Looks like the date is 1963 if I found the right numbers on the bottom. Any info or value on these things? Google search is all over the place. My father in law brought it over to sell in our garage sale and he wanted a dollar for it. I said to hold up because I thought it was worth a little more than that. LOL.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, thats a keeper. If it doesnt quite work, you can get rebuild kits cheap. Typically its the pump seal that dies.

Ive got one from the 70s that was my dads. It even still has the pot and skillet case with handle that it lives in. Though I had to make my own handle as dad lost it.

Sorry I dont have more info, but its a start.

EDIT: Scratch that. For some reason I read single burner stove. Not lantern.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't have any specific information, other than I know there are collectors of vintage Coleman lanterns.

I would not offer it in a yard/garage sale without doing some serious research first.
    Then again, you could put it out for $5 and make someone else VERY happy.

KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    I did pump it up and it held pressure. I think there is still fuel in it that has to be at least 30 years old. I need to dump that out for sure. It has a pack of old original mantels in the box. I probably will just keep it. It is really cool and I love Coleman lanterns. Just the first time I have come across this model.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't have any specific information, other than I know there are collectors of vintage Coleman lanterns.

I would not offer it in a yard/garage sale without doing some serious research first.
    Then again, you could put it out for $5 and make someone else VERY happy.
    On that note, know any Scouts? Anyone else that would appreciate such a classic and would put it to good use?

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    @KRN123060

Mrs. Mij has been buying those and glass lanterns all summer. She dropped out at 22.50 last week, on a model 220F that sold for 25.00.

Other brand names sold for, 45.00, 30.00, and 22.50.

An auction this week has about a dozen in it. That auction is Monday. I’ll watch for the winning bids.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    I have a few hundred of them. Don't know if that makes me an expert. The red 200A is a favorite among collectors, though not hard to find. The online auctions go much higher than local markets because it's a good place to find your "birthday lantern". Meaning the month and year of your birth is stamped on the bottom. Get several people looking for the same one and you have to pay what it takes to get it. Other than that, value is dependant on good original condition. Box and papers help, but again, condition is key. A rusty chipped lantern is worth less than 20 bucks. A like new specimen can go for 100 or more.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Get it running. Personally my grandfather and cat fishing with Coleman's are something I fondly remember from my youth. I also use them camping instead of a fire when my sinus get upset.

Those mantles if as old as the lantern are rare and contain some nasty things. I would purchase new mantles and keep the originals for future display.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a few hundred of them. Don't know if that makes me an expert. The red 200A is a favorite among collectors, though not hard to find. The online auctions go much higher than local markets because it's a good place to find your "birthday lantern". Meaning the month and year of your birth is stamped on the bottom. Get several people looking for the same one and you have to pay what it takes to get it. Other than that, value is dependant on good original condition. Box and papers help, but again, condition is key. A rusty chipped lantern is worth less than 20 bucks. A like new specimen can go for 100 or more.

Will you be on a future "Horders Show"

Asking for a friend.

Top Bottom