any car people around NE indy or in general?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    just wondering if theres any car guys/girls around? ive been into cars sense i could walk and working on them with my father before i could remember. ive got a pretty wicked 2000 Trans Am that i build myself while stationed in Camp Lejeune. right now for the first year ever its a garage queen until april probably. when it gets warm out im always up for cruising around, maybe a little cat and mouse. i got a Gopro with car mount so always trying to get some good footage.

so whos out there???

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I use to own a pretty nice '89 Camaro, sold it when I got an out of town job and needed a more reliable daily... and traded it for my current car. It's just an '04 Grand Prix, but with a couple little additions it puts down a decently healthy 350hp to the ground. Now that i'm working in town again i'd love to get another pure toy, but the addition of my son makes that a far off thing for now.

I'm not sure about the north side, but I know the night life on the south side of Indy is pretty healthy. Lafayette has a pretty good car scene, i've run a forum up here for about 8 years now, but this is the time of year when car guys are getting so depressed they just shut down until they can get their cars out again.

Facebook is always a good place to look for groups around your area and connect with other car guys, since I doubt you'll be making a trip up to Lafayette just to hang out in a parking lot ;-)

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I use to own a pretty nice '89 Camaro, sold it when I got an out of town job and needed a more reliable daily... and traded it for my current car. It's just an '04 Grand Prix, but with a couple little additions it puts down a decently healthy 350hp to the ground. Now that i'm working in town again i'd love to get another pure toy, but the addition of my son makes that a far off thing for now.

I'm not sure about the north side, but I know the night life on the south side of Indy is pretty healthy. Lafayette has a pretty good car scene, i've run a forum up here for about 8 years now, but this is the time of year when car guys are getting so depressed they just shut down until they can get their cars out again.

Facebook is always a good place to look for groups around your area and connect with other car guys, since I doubt you'll be making a trip up to Lafayette just to hang out in a parking lot ;-)

got some pics? im guess its the GTP model or has the topend swap done. pullied,exhaust,tune?

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    got some pics? im guess its the GTP model or has the topend swap done. pullied,exhaust,tune?

I can get some pics up this evening. it's a GTP Comp G w/ a top end swap (pulled the blower and instlled an N/A intake) and an S256 turbo with a tune. sadly enough, it ran circles around the Camaro, even with it's carb'd 350.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    My toy is a green 67 Camaro with a little 406 small block. She's a good grocery getter.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I can get some pics up this evening. it's a GTP Comp G w/ a top end swap (pulled the blower and instlled an N/A intake) and an S256 turbo with a tune. sadly enough, it ran circles around the Camaro, even with it's carb'd 350.

i had two turdgen firebirds. i know the feeling of looking cool but slow as a turd. **** my 94 LT1 was pretty slow but took a beating lol. my current TA is a H,C,I LS1 6 speed. needs a retune with the new heads i put on but the old set up was 427/413 to the wheels on a rich tune. hoping with new heads to break 430's. now that its not my DD i can run it at the track and risk breaking something lol (most likely the weak POS 10 bolt)

at 80mph i chug along at 1850rpm and still get 25-26mpg lmao

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Amazing what engines can do these days, the motor in the Charger gets 8mpg on premium. Driving to a show get s expensive if it's any distance away, although you can get there quickly if you want.:)

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Just a shameless plug for the car people... :D

IndySCCA - Home

There's a new car class this year called "Classic American Muscle" in Autocross. The short of it: Domestic front engine, RWD cars that weigh at least 3000#. I'm looking forward to it with a 2011 Mustang this year! :D

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Amazing what engines can do these days, the motor in the Charger gets 8mpg on premium. Driving to a show get s expensive if it's any distance away, although you can get there quickly if you want.:)

Many thanks! I started that project in 09, still add odds and ends. Idling that engine with the headers, Magnaflows, and high duration cam is music in itself.:)

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Anyone here going to the Hot Rod power tour when it visits crown point? I went in 09 when it came to South Bend. Tons of beautiful cars!

Top Bottom