• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I had a Colt Delta Elite 10mm back in the early '90s, thats one of many pistols that I regretted selling or trading off over the years. Well I traded a fellow InGoer for an early '90s model Delta Elite so its back!!!

My issue was extra magazines, having BRD (Black Rifle Disease) I need spare mags to look at, fondle, collect, store, inventory and even use too.;)

Anyhow, Colt mags are $50+, I was directed to some metalform mags, just like factory originals for about $18.00 and Im still going to order some of these too.... but..... I have about (15) Wilson 47D 8rd .45acp 1911 mags for my Colt and Kimber .45 1911s so..... I just had to try them in the 10mm.

I tested (3) different mags, all of course are known great mags with my .45 1911s.

First magazine: dropped mag after each chambering to insure slide lockback and maual loading at each shot. 100% function.

Second magazine: slow fire, tilting pistol appox. 30-40 degrees to each side (almost gangsta style) to insure that the mags feed in an angled position. 100% function.

Third magazine: rapid fire, as fast as I could fire off 8 rounds. 100% function.

I realize that this a very small test group, but its a start. This was done in the backyard, so my next range trip I will only use these (3) Wilson 47Ds and put a couple hundred rounds thru them.

If this works out its good to know that one mag will serve all of my 1911s in .45 and 10mm.

HTH anyone else that has a 10mm 1911 or looking into the new Colt Deltas.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Heres a good report from the 1500 that might interest you. I found a Colt Delta Elite 10mm Trophy match and I believe it was priced about $900. I thought all Trophy Match's were 45 acp.It had the target sites just like my 80 series Gold Cup Trophy. I figured it was very rare!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Heres a good report from the 1500 that might interest you. I found a Colt Delta Elite 10mm Trophy match and I believe it was priced about $900. I thought all Trophy Match's were 45 acp.It had the target sites just like my 80 series Gold Cup Trophy. I figured it was very rare!

I'll bet it is pretty rare... I havent seen any in 10mm either. And thats a good price seeing the new Delta Elites are $950- $1000. You "found it" but did it follow you home too? ;)

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I wish! I could only get away with the new Para LTC 9mm that I reported on in another thread. I also found several excellent priced light weight commanders. I found one as old as 1951. The finish was a little rough on it but other wise good shape.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Good to know.
    How many 10mm rounds could you get in those Wilson mags.

Here's both of my Deltas. The blued one I bought used 2 years ago and have shot it twice now.
    The stainless is a new production I bought from Richard's guns.
    100_0119.jpg

I just found a NIB Delta Gold Cup that I need to try and get. That one's going to hurt...

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You know, in concept, I like the Double Eagle, but I handled one a little while ago and the grip angle just really throws me off. The gun just feels kind of wrong, from a 1911 perspective.

Top Bottom