Anti-Goverment Phobia a "Mental Illness"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I guess I am borderline schizophrenic according to this. I have a borderline fear of the Federal government. I think Thomas Jefferson would fall in that category as well. So now that can start rounding up people that don't agree with them and put them in psychological treatment centers... didn't the Soviet Union do that?

I wonder how crazy the Weaver family was...

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    What?

I think this "thing" was written tongue in cheek....I mean it is supposedly from a "Dr Ivor E. Tower"?:lmfao:I am sure there are people who feel that folks who don't trust the government are off their rockers but I'm not among them. Now, I do admit some people I have met kind of push the envelope, but just because you are paranoid does not mean someone is NOT out to get you!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I guess I am borderline schizophrenic according to this. I have a borderline fear of the Federal government. I think Thomas Jefferson would fall in that category as well. So now that can start rounding up people that don't agree with them and put them in psychological treatment centers... didn't the Soviet Union do that?

I wonder how crazy the Weaver family was...

I totally agree but History was written by the Victors and the US is experiencing that the revisionists are currently rewriting Our History.

I agree wholeheartedly "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Fear: The Foundation of Every Government’s Power: Publications: The Independent Institute

Maybe it is just tongue in cheek

Ivor E. Tower, M.D. THIS HAS GOT TO BE SATIRE

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Yeah as I read it there were way too many button pushing issues to be real. But the author does bring to light how easily someone with values and morals could be made out to look Crazy. :laugh:
    The truth is that it is the :sheep:who are closer to mental illness than the Patriot.
    People who just go along to get along and think things are beyond their control are the ones who need help.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    NutBurgers. That's who wrote this crap and all the other crap linked on their main page... "Crop Circles - Their meaning and connection to dreams", "Sacred numbers to awaken the dead", & "The symbolism and spiritual significance of the number eleven" just to name a few.
    Nut. Burgers.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    There is no Volume 11, series 3, when you run a search at Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. The thing is a fakery, but fun to read anyway.

But, of course, we have to be a bit off to keep voting the same assholes into office.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    The Soviet Union had "Red Terror," which was when you spoke out against the government or were suspected of not supporting them, the secret police came in and took people away in the night. I do see some familiararities to this, our Founding Fathers would have all been categorized under this mental illness. The way that the government keeps people from questioning them is to give them things (welfare, social security, national healthcare, etc.).

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    They do not call us "gun nuts" for nothing. Of course they would love to have all supporters of the 2nd Amendment declared as having a mental illness.

But, the fact of the matter is, that we are not just defenders of the 2nd Amendment, but of all the rights protected in the Constitution. We simply understand that the 2nd, is the protector of all the rest and that is why we harp on it as long as they try to take it away, or restrict it out of existence.

Top Bottom