• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Wow. I like this response that someone entered.

In The Prince, Machiavelli wrote that a leader only disarms his subjects when he fears the people, and he fears the people because he has earned their hatred somehow.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Unlawful Detainment in Artesia New Mexico | Cop Block

So far I have been here six months, and I only open carry here police have seen me carrying and I have had no problems. But stops like these are insane!

I find the double standard that we civilians aren't allowed to use ignorance of the law as an excuse, yet it is acceptable for law enforcement.

Police officers that violate search rights like this, need to be charged.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I find the double standard that we civilians aren't allowed to use ignorance of the law as an excuse, yet it is acceptable for law enforcement.

Police officers that violate search rights like this, need to be charged.

I like that "ignorance of the law" arguement.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Tech is going to change these encounters. The tipping point is not here yet but is soon coming when enough people carry pocket video cameras (or learn how to use their cell phone properly :) ) so that a cop doesn't know if he's going to be on Youtube, Facebook and everywhere else.

Remember what we always say about a gun in the hands of just a few percentage points is a deterrent to criminals since they don't know WHO has one? Trust me, it will be the same exact principal with the cops when we hit that magical, not yet known percentage with recording devices.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Tech is going to change these encounters. The tipping point is not here yet but is soon coming when enough people carry pocket video cameras (or learn how to use their cell phone properly :) ) so that a cop doesn't know if he's going to be on Youtube, Facebook and everywhere else.

Remember what we always say about a gun in the hands of just a few percentage points is a deterrent to criminals since they don't know WHO has one? Trust me, it will be the same exact principal with the cops when we hit that magical, not yet known percentage with recording devices.

Maybe we all need to install windshield and trunk cams.

Top Bottom