Another mic drop... (not that good, just by default)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So I was on facebook this afternoon. A VERY liberal friend (First she was behind Bernie, now she's all about "Vagina 2016". :rolleyes:) was tagged in a Moms Demand post protesting "forced guns in the classroom". there is a picture of a group of Sandy Hook teachers (at least they claim to be, cant say they are given MDA's past lies) holding "teachers for gunsense not nonsense" signs. It leads to a "keep guns out of our classrooms" petition.

So far in 6 hours there have been 2 responses. First:

"Deer live in a gun free society. Same thing." (clever!)

I followed with an abbreviated version of my goto question for these folks:

"But if good guys with guns isnt the answer, What is?"

As usual, they cant/wont answer the question.

Why is it that they are all about protesting and telling us what we cant do, but when we ask them for actual concrete solutions to FIX the problem based on facts, they have no answer? (rhetorical, I know why)

Frankly, I'm surprised my question hasnt been deleted by the author since that is MDA's MO.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    So I was on facebook this afternoon. A VERY liberal friend (First she was behind Bernie, now she's all about "Vagina 2016". :rolleyes:) was tagged in a Moms Demand post protesting "forced guns in the classroom". there is a picture of a group of Sandy Hook teachers (at least they claim to be, cant say they are given MDA's past lies) holding "teachers for gunsense not nonsense" signs. It leads to a "keep guns out of our classrooms" petition.

So far in 6 hours there have been 2 responses. First:

"Deer live in a gun free society. Same thing." (clever!)

I followed with an abbreviated version of my goto question for these folks:

As usual, they cant/wont answer the question.

Why is it that they are all about protesting and telling us what we cant do, but when we ask them for actual concrete solutions to FIX the problem based on facts, they have no answer? (rhetorical, I know why)

Frankly, I'm surprised my question hasnt been deleted by the author since that is MDA's MO.

That's such a good thing to take it to... It's always been the most impactful for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree. I stopped being confrontational by pointing out the flaws and telling them what is wrong with their angle and simply ask them to tell me how to SPECIFICALLY fix the problem. 9/10 times they just freeze and dont respond and the thread dies with a whimper. The rest of the time it devolves quickly when I am able to refute their feels with facts. In this case I expect it to end up with "so your rule of no guns allowed didnt work the first time. How do you expect the same rule/sign to work the next time? Do you honestly expect the bad guy to see a no guns sign and quit his attack because it is merely against the rules? What exactly do you think will stop a person with bad intentions from carrying out the attack?"

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    In this case I expect it to end up with "so your rule of no guns allowed didnt work the first time. How do you expect the same rule/sign to work the next time? Do you honestly expect the bad guy to see a no guns sign and quit his attack because it is merely against the rules? What exactly do you think will stop a person with bad intentions from carrying out the attack?"

Maybe the No Gun Sign was too small and the bad guys simply didn't see it:dunno:

RickyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I have this happen to me periodically at work. Being in the restaurant industry, there are a LOT of liberals around me constantly. (and surprisingly a lot of gun owners/advocates as well). Just yesterday I had the libtards all riled up :):. They were having a conversation and one of them says "I just don't think people should be allowed to walk around in public with a gun." Well, I couldn't resist and started in. After the typical arguments they put forth; "you're never going to need a gun... you're asking for trouble by carrying.... it causes fear... blah blah blah I'm a stupid liberal" , I said "I think it's only fair that you all should dispose of your pepper spray before you walk to your car" Nobody throws out their pepper spray, nobody has a rebuttal, and the discussion comes to a complete halt:):

These people who often say things like "guns scare me." When asked "well, have you ever shot a gun?" they always seem to respond with "well.... no, I don't want to, they're scary" and I always say "People fear what they don't understand"

You're totally on point, they never have a better solution to stopping the bad guy with a gun than a good guy with a gun.

drylkuch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2016
    West Lafayette

Personally I am in favor of taking advantage of whatever opportunities are available to defend a classroom, including with guns. But I think it has to start with teaching the kids a run-hide-fight mentality. As it is we teach them to hide if here is a gunman outside the room, but there is absolutely no instruction on what to do if a gunman is in the classroom.

I attend a college that experienced a shooting a couple years ago. And the aftermath of that included some needed updates to security. Every syllabus is now required to have an "emergency preparedness" statement that includes instructions on an active shooter situation. But there was still nothing that tells the students what to do if there is a gunman in the room.

Rather than leaving the students prepared to do nothing more than sit like deer in headlights if someone is shooting at them we could tell them to fight even if they aren't armed. If a gunman walks into a room and is immediately retaliated against by 20 unarmed students he'll probably get a couple rounds off, but it would be nothing like the mass shootings that we have now. Would a gun make that retaliation easier? Absolutely! Is it necessary? No, be prepared to use anything as a weapon to defend yourself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have this happen to me periodically at work. Being in the restaurant industry, there are a LOT of liberals around me constantly. (and surprisingly a lot of gun owners/advocates as well). Just yesterday I had the libtards all riled up :):. They were having a conversation and one of them says "I just don't think people should be allowed to walk around in public with a gun." Well, I couldn't resist and started in. After the typical arguments they put forth; "you're never going to need a gun... you're asking for trouble by carrying.... it causes fear... blah blah blah I'm a stupid liberal" , I said "I think it's only fair that you all should dispose of your pepper spray before you walk to your car" Nobody throws out their pepper spray, nobody has a rebuttal, and the discussion comes to a complete halt:):

These people who often say things like "guns scare me." When asked "well, have you ever shot a gun?" they always seem to respond with "well.... no, I don't want to, they're scary" and I always say "People fear what they don't understand"

You're totally on point, they never have a better solution to stopping the bad guy with a gun than a good guy with a gun.

Being in the HVAC-R service field I was around folks of all kinds from staunch 2A supporters to Liberal snowflake douche bags.
    Conversation at a local restaurant where many people from a building I serviced met for lunch was similar to the one you mention.
    I was sitting with the building maint. crew and some of the ladies and girly men were having a go at the 2A folks and owning fire arms. They said gun owners were crude cave folks. Dangerous.
    I got involved and mentioned I know many 2A folks that were decent people. They all squirmed and carried on. I asked if they thought I was a cave man. I knew all of them for years from the building. They said no. I lifted my shirt. There was a brief silence. I mentioned that the cave dwellers had to get back to work. a couple never even looked my way again. A few asked me about guns and 2 ended up going to the range with myself and one of the maint. staff.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BlueishHue
    Top Bottom