• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've almost expect goofs like this whenever Hollywood uses, shows, displays any kind of firearm. I don't watch the Showtime series "Homeland" & things like this are probably why. Guns without sights, hammer cocking sounds on semi auto pistols, crossbows with no sights, ect, etc... now this one.

Not only is this gals finger planted on the trigger but check out the eye relief on that ACOG. :):

Hollywood%252520Fail%252520-%2525201.jpg

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Don't know about the show but if that baby blue vest is representing the U.N. forces, they are pretty much spot on.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe it was in the last Die Hard movie that at least one of the bad guys was stalking through a row of shelves with a rear MBUS, but no front sight.

Ooops.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Makes me want to scream at the tv most of the time. You would think with the huge budgets most of these shows/movies have they could hire a consultant who could cover basic firearms handling and setup with the cast and crew.

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    TV and Movies often do get it wrong. I was watching something the other day on TV and one of the "good guys" was shooting his gun sideways trying to hit the suspect.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I personally love the sound effects in the movies...the racking of the shotgun when they are holding a double-barrel, ALWAYS a hammer being pulled back on striker fired handguns, etc...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    ETA. I think I will watch that tonight after my annual screening of V for Vendetta.

You missed it by a day

Speaking of V for Vendetta, one thing always bothered me about the movie. Mr. Creedy, last seen during the shoot out dagger fest, after he reloads. His revolver is a 6 shot, but he only fires 5 and then click on the empty cylinder. They either forgot it held 6 shots or they accidentally edited out one of the shots

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I sat down for dinner @ the Nashville NRAAM & struck up a conversation with the guy at the next table. He turned out to be a low budget B movie producer. He was asking about what gun to use in his movie and how to get it to do certain things.

Weapons wasn't his "thing". His "thing" was trying to get girls onto the casting couch. Most people that write, direct & act in movies don't know how weapons work or their capabilities.

So keep an eye out for a Scifi B movie called the Claw where an alien gets an arm shot off with an UZI that goes full auto. That's my contribution to Hollywood. :):

Top Bottom