Another gun store robbed. Time for a law change.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Please stop, they really don't need any encouragement to further regulate and mandate every aspect of our lives.
    No ****! It comes naturally for them. And having supposed "2nd A. Supporters" come up with this crap sure doesn't help!
    nrafornever, what next? Legislate that we gun owners must have our guns AT HOME locked in a safe when not being used? I'm sure you think that's logical, right?
    ever heard the term "slippery slope"?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Some people show up here PRETENDING to be 2nd Amendment Supporters. Don't ever assume that just because they're here, with some kind of pro-gun name, that they're actually pro-gun.

You can usually spot them. They propose ways of making it either harder, or more expensive, for people like us to purchase firearms, proclaiming it to be common sense, or about time to do whatever, etc.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :koolaid:4ever
    Please give us your opinion of the guns it would be OK to ban for civilians.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Wow some of you on here are just easy pickings. I am glad that some of you could see what I was doing. Shew I was worried.

In all reality im just making a reasonable suggestion. Like it or don't like it the discussion is what is important.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    We need to send several batches of legislators to State and US with a mandate to clean the books. Rescind archaic useless laws and not make modern useless laws. We don't need a Sissie's Jaw, Johnny's law or any other Pop Culture law. We need to treat every offender the same under a simple code of justice.

It seems as though any law named after a victim, no matter how well-intentioned, becomes onerous once it begins to creep beyond the harm it was intended to fix. That is, if it wasn't overly onerous to start with.

And you cannot politically oppose those laws. Once you do, you are aligned with the ___________ (fill in the bad person blank) and you are NOT THINKING OF THE CHILDREN!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow some of you on here are just easy pickings. I am glad that some of you could see what I was doing. Shew I was worried.

In all reality im just making a reasonable suggestion. Like it or don't like it the discussion is what is important.
    Is reasonable the new common sense? Because it sure as hell sounds like it to me? Why don't we just register them with the authorities as well, after all that's reasonable, and just plain common sense!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Libs always back peddle when they hit stiff resistance.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Here is what I know about Brian and Indy Trading Post

Brian has worked very hard at building his gun store. He has a heart of gold and will do anything to help anyone.

I have worked for Brian at Indy Trading Post and I'm amazed someone actually got in. That place is very well secured and it had to have taken a lot of planning to get in. Indy Trading Post has had numerous attempted break ins and only 2 that I know of successfully. The first one they were not able to get into the store front itself.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Actually..... no, no more discussion, no more damn gun laws, no matter how "reasonable" or "common sense" someone thinks it is, unless it is to remove current legislation that infringes on our natural rights.

This is the kind of incrementalism that slowly, or not so slowly, erodes our freedom. Today it is a law to require gun retailers to store their inventory in safes/vaults during non-business hours. Then it is a law to require that the inventory be stored in vaults at all times because they could be robbed during business hours. Gosh, what about when a private gun owner isn't home. Yeah, that's it, a law to require every gun owner to keep their firearms locked up when not in use. Just reasonable and common sense, right? That one more law will solve all of our problems, or maybe just one more after that. Golly gee, how do we know people are complying? We had better pass a law that allows for quarterly unannounced inspections to verify, which, of course, will require more government resources to execute. And of course the .gov will have to create regulations to determine what an appropriate afe of vault will consist of...... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I'm all for people and businesses protecting their property, particularly items that could be used to harm other people, but we don't need more laws to create that behavior. Indiana will always be blamed for the guns that end up in Chicago. If you believe this proposed law would stop that, then I think you are being dishonest with yourself. I find it laughable that people want to shift the blame for the debauchery in Chicago to Indiana's "loose" gun laws. Maybe it is the propensity for criminality in a portion of the population in Chicago that is the reason for their problems. If there were no guns in Indiana at all, the dirtbag criminals in Chicago would get them from someone else because they have created a criminal market for them.

Anyway, go ahead and make your phone calls, that is your right. I just hope the legislators ignore you, especially after I contact them to let them know that those voting for new gun control measures, including the requirement you are proposing, will be booted from office.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only gun laws needed. You can't murder people with guns. And you can't threaten people with guns. And you can't asault people with guns.

Seems kinda redundant when I say it that way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Threatening/pointing in Indiana would be equivalent to assault in other states.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

How about answering my question?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1dbc58495eef68075bcd748204b3ed751db6d0f804d2f271e58156be065e226f.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We need to send several batches of legislators to State and US with a mandate to clean the books. Rescind archaic useless laws and not make modern useless laws. We don't need a Sissie's Jaw, Johnny's law or any other Pop Culture law. We need to treat every offender the same under a simple code of justice.

I would note that the accumulation of laws may be more of a sign of a dying society than a cause...though it is that as well.

Top Bottom