Another gun store robbed. Time for a law change.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    As for the concrete blockers..........they work............for that spot.
    You're gonna have to line the building with 'em and hope the crooks don't just get bigger vehicles.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well its been 24hrs since the OP last posted in here. He has been online within the last hr so its official he has jumped ship and we are now free to talk about the time churchmouse built an ark while pantless due to his Wallet being stolen, and inventing the cheeseburger.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, not wearing pants would make it harder to take his wallet. Of course, he would also have a harder time paying for the cheeseburgers...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well, not wearing pants would make it harder to take his wallet. Of course, he would also have a harder time paying for the cheeseburgers...

I heard he smashed two rocks together and got a cheeseburger. I also heard his wife threw his flaming pants out the window, a State trooper pulled him over, and took the Wallet from his hands.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ^^^^^ Everything is a tradeoff, such as how secure vs. how expensive. BBI uses that magic word a couple of times: REASONABLE.

So much in life is a decision on where to put the line when dealing with matters that require judgment.

Given how many local shops put up more measures AFTER the fact, I also suspect many of the arguments about prices, etc. here are incorrect. False economy to say security measures are more expensive given days of lost revenue, insurance deductibles, opportunity costs of lost sales while waiting for replacements of stolen guns, etc.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ^^^^^ Everything is a tradeoff, such as how secure vs. how expensive. BBI uses that magic word a couple of times: REASONABLE.

So much in life is a decision on where to put the line when dealing with matters that require judgment.

Given that it affects more than just gun store owners, certainly the public does have some reasonable concerns. I think it's reasonable to ask store owners to be "reasonably" responsible to secure their stuff. I'm not sure it's necessary to put that request at gunpoint. Probably the market can work things like that out.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Please stop, they really don't need any encouragement to further regulate and mandate every aspect of our lives.

I think all detectives should have to wear fedoras....BBI takes off his fedora and he's just a fellow hilljack, "Whut ya wunt fer that thar shotgun?..He puts it back on and voila...Every word he says sounds sophisticated and wise, like a big city detective....Sometimes a little regulation can be a good thing....:)

I think fedoras would go a long way to healing the rift between LEO's and citizens....

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    To be clear, I'm NOT for stiffer penalties,ie longer sentences. I dont think that helps anything. I'm for closing the revolving door, releasing previously convicted felons pending trial, eliminating "good time" and other early release scams. In short, a 30 year sentence doesn't really mean anything if your attorney can do the math in his head and tell you you'll only serve 3 or 4, and be right.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Im still here. Ive been busy call a few law makers and running the safe idea past them. A bell cant be unrung....

elmer_fudd__gun_contwol_by_angrydogdesigns.png

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    If only we could just ban all guns, we wouldn't have to worry about such things.

Along the same lines... Maybe the lawmakers should make a law that makes theft illegal.
    As soon as you build a better mouse trap then some S.O.B. will come out with a better mouse.
    Security has evolved to radical levels. Somehow the crooks are evolving to the changes as well.
    There's already laws in place and those that ignore the laws are always going to be able to side step the law or security.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

We need to send several batches of legislators to State and US with a mandate to clean the books. Rescind archaic useless laws and not make modern useless laws. We don't need a Sissie's Jaw, Johnny's law or any other Pop Culture law. We need to treat every offender the same under a simple code of justice.

Top Bottom