Another gun store robbed. Time for a law change.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think on the internet it just doesn't matter unless someone's grammar is so bad that it's impossible to understand the meaning. Strive for perfect grammar when it actually matters. Otherwise, good enough is good enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think on the internet it just doesn't matter unless someone's grammar is so bad that it's impossible to understand the meaning. Strive for perfect grammar when it actually matters. Otherwise, good enough is good enough.

Like the unnecessary 'e' at the end of eliminat. :):

Or spelling. Except when quoting a post where someone misspells stuff when preaching about that stuff.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's kind of the point. Most of us don't bother to spell-check and proofread informal comment on boards such as this, or with texts. Speed trumps spelling. Plus, for those who use itty bitty keyboards on phone devices, accuracy is secondary to the thought conveyed. For some reason, my phone seems to add a "d" at the end of "an". In most cases, people understand what is meant.

But I enjoy the juxtaposition of Trump supporters correcting grammar rather than the lies their candidate seems to spout minute by minute.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    CWTwcFEW4AAqpwk.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's kind of the point. Most of us don't bother to spell-check and proofread informal comment on boards such as this, or with texts. Speed trumps spelling. Plus, for those who use itty bitty keyboards on phone devices, accuracy is secondary to the thought conveyed. For some reason, my phone seems to add a "d" at the end of "an". In most cases, people understand what is meant.

But I enjoy the juxtaposition of Trump supporters correcting grammar rather than the lies their candidate seems to spout minute by minute.

87.323% of my spelling/grammar blunders happen when I'm pecking in the post on my phone.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As this thread has taken a momentary detour, I'll chime in on the topic:

If it isn't important enough to spell/grammar check, it isn't important enough for me to read.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    As this thread has taken a momentary detour, I'll chime in on the topic:

If it isn't important enough to spell/grammar check, it isn't important enough for me to read.

but...do you stop at the first improperly used semi-colon, or spelling error? You have all of these half-read clauses in your memory? Do you have bad dreams?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I just did. I can attest that neither the word "attest" nor "verify" appear in the entire document. I'd ask that you do the same before asking it of someone else.

Then you fail to use google as well as Strunk and White to get more nuanced interpretations.

Bye.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Then you fail to use google as well as Strunk and White to get more nuanced interpretations.

Bye.

One doesn't need google to see that you are criticizing other's language and are incorrect in your criticisms. Constantly changing reference points when you are found to lie about the previous ones is very Clintonian.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm sorry. I was commenting on Jetta's unnecessary correction of a prior poster. You are kibbitzing for a different reason.

Grammar Girl is a widely used reference on Google. I'd be glad to provide you a link if you are googlepoor.

Top Bottom