Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I still have gas in the truck at 3.19 a gallon. I don't use it all that much. The van i filled up at 3.66 a gallon and across the street it was 3.85.

All i can say is to check your tire pressure and tune up. We are going to have to pay since in the country we don't have busses and car pooling not an option as I can get sent to many different places to work, Not always going to one site.

The highest every paid was 4.10 at july 4 in 2008. Sounds like ammo and gas always goes crazy in an election year.

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    I filled up at 3.69 on Saturday, it's now 3.84. I'm lucky in that I only live 3 miles from work but it's like you need a bank loan to take a road trip.

Yeah it hurts and it's going to get worse. That is the current plan of the administration.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Oil companies have to make money! (purple)

The demand for gasoline is down, supplies are up, so Economics 101 says prices should be down, but add to that the supposed devaluation of the dollar, speculators betting on who knows what drive up prices, and the growth of so-called third world countries add to the mix, all conspiring to artificially raise prices.

And then who knows how much is our government standing back and doing nothing as oil companies sell US fuels abroad? I remember when the prices skyrocketed under the last president, and everyone yelled it was Bush and Chaney's fault because they were/are oil men. So what is the excuse of the current lack of leadership?

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    And then who knows how much is our government standing back and doing nothing as oil companies sell US fuels abroad? I remember when the prices skyrocketed under the last president, and everyone yelled it was Bush and Chaney's fault because they were/are oil men. So what is the excuse of the current lack of leadership?

The media refuses to link the two, as they did when President Bush was in charge. The constant finger pointing (at Bush) gets so old.

The current administration's policies do nothing to help this situation and in fact exacerbate it IMO.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    But just wait, Obama will release are reserves and drive price down to look like a hero(purple). wont that just be great to all the sheeple right before an election.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But just wait, Obama will release are reserves and drive price down to look like a hero(purple). wont that just be great to all the sheeple right before an election.

What does Obama tell citizens that there's nothing left in the SPR because he released the oil when gas was $4 a gallon? Americans looking at $8 a gallon gas might not take kindly to the president's shameless use of the SPR for political purposes.

The SPR...an incumbent's ace in the hole...only what happens should we actually need it for intended purpose one day?

Blog: Dems nervous about high gas prices

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Not even worth looking at them anymore, I have to have it to get to work. I can't ride to work as I live 10 miles away and there is a major highway I have to ride on to get there (plus I don't have a bike at the moment). I drive a Jeep, gas prices bother me, but complaining won't help anything anymore.

I only buy from local stations anyway. The national chains don't make hardly anything from gas sales anyway, they make all their money from inside items. That candy bar that costs a dollar, only costs them about 50 cents. The 1.29 soda has about 30 cents in cup, ice and soda.

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    Historical Price Charts - Indianapolis Gas Prices

I thought this was interesting. Plot Crude oil and average US gas price. The avg price of gas in the US is almost to the same price it was at the peak (mid 2008), but the oil price was 50% higher than it is today. I am not sure where they are getting the crude oil price. I would presume that it was the price of oil that day not the future prices they are always quoting on TV.

Not sure if you can draw any firm conclusions from this, but it does tell you that isn't necessarily the price of oil that is the problem.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Friend posted this on FB...

gasn.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Historical Price Charts - Indianapolis Gas Prices

I thought this was interesting. Plot Crude oil and average US gas price. The avg price of gas in the US is almost to the same price it was at the peak (mid 2008), but the oil price was 50% higher than it is today. I am not sure where they are getting the crude oil price. I would presume that it was the price of oil that day not the future prices they are always quoting on TV.

Not sure if you can draw any firm conclusions from this, but it does tell you that isn't necessarily the price of oil that is the problem.

An interesting take:

The real price of gasoline has gone down during the Obama administration.* Gas is actually cheaper now.
    ....OK. Not really. Part of the reason has to do with the devaluation of our currency.

Articles: Gasoline Prices and Dollar Prices

Last edited:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've recently become a *hyper-miler* hobbyist.

EPA rating for my vehicle is 27mpg combined driving, and I've been averaging 38mpg CITY driving for the past 3 weeks. Friends make fun of me, but the higher these prices get the less I'll hear crap from them I'm sure.

Get the ScanGaugeII (if you run an OBD-II vehicle). It will tell you a lot about how your vehicle consumes fuel. It's been the only mod I've made and it will eventually pay for itself.

Top Bottom