• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    They wont advertise legal firearms & accessories, but feel free to advertise for prostitution.
    From the movie "Shooter"; "Your moral compass is so f***** up, I'd be supprised if you found the parking lot!"

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    They wont advertise legal firearms & accessories, but feel free to advertise for prostitution.
    From the movie "Shooter"; "Your moral compass is so f***** up, I'd be supprised if you found the parking lot!"

Mine must be screwed up, too. I find no difference in the morality of any voluntary transaction between adults.

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    I think the difference is the fact that prostitution is illegal and selling a gun is legal. Firearms are also protected by the constitution, and though some may disagree, I seriously doubt you can point to the area in the constitution which specifically protects the right of people to prostitution. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct here.

Perhaps it should read like this: A well regulated libido, being necessary to the security of a man's sanity, the right of the people to buy and sell a prostitute shall not be infringed.:popcorn:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I dunno, man..

My wife does some group facilitation for some Purdue faculty and students from time to time. One day they were having a lively debate about the Purdue PD carrying firearms on campus, and some REALLY CRAZY folks were telling the rest (who seemed pretty well balanced) that they didn't feel comfortable with the Purdue PD carrying handguns on their belts. On duty. On campus.

They suggested that they didn't need them. If a VA.Tech style incident went down, they could call the SWAT team and National Guard..

All while I patted my Glock, at 3:30 under my jacket. I wonder what they would have said it it weren't cold enough for me to have needed said jacket..

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I think the difference is the fact that prostitution is illegal and selling a gun is legal. Firearms are also protected by the constitution, and though some may disagree, I seriously doubt you can point to the area in the constitution which specifically protects the right of people to prostitution. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct here.

Perhaps it should read like this: A well regulated libido, being necessary to the security of a man's sanity, the right of the people to buy and sell a prostitute shall not be infringed.:popcorn:

I think the closest one could come to it would be, "...life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness...". Might not be my definition, but I'm sure that to some it might.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    So if I hire you to kill someone, that's ok? :dunno:

This is getting off topic, but here it goes. A contract killing is not ok in that it effects a third party that has no choice in the matter. Prostitution, on the other hand, is usually a voluntary transaction between two persons that know what they are getting into without involving an unknowing third person.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So if I hire you to kill someone, that's ok? :dunno:

Off topic but I'll give it a go. Yep to me it sure is. As long as all parties involved consent.

I had a WTB - Kel-Tec Sub 2000 ad on the Lafayette Craig's List.. it EXPIRED! Nobody flagged it or anything!

The anti-gunners who would of flagged it probably didn't know what it was. Probably thought it was a subwoofer or something.

Top Bottom