• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I hate going to Dick's, and after their gun stance this winter I have tried to avoid them, but theire are times when I still need something and they are the most convienient option. This evening we needed to get a new football mouth piece for my son. Theire where four people in line waiting to check out, with one new cashier that was really slow and easily confused. After waiting in line for about 10 minutes a "manager" came over and opened up a new lane and motioned us over. We had a total of 4 items, and he proceeded to start ringing us up. After scanning the first item, he started talking on his radio to another employee answering their questions. Apparently to be management potential at Dicks the ability to multi-task is not important, as this person had to completely stop ringing me up to have a conversation over his radio with another employee on where to restock cloths left in the fitting room. He would talk for about 5 minutes, ring up another item, and then start talking again. After about 10 minutes I placed my elbows on the counter and my hands on my chin and gave him my best "really" look. This only made him turn his back to continue his conversation. The whole check out process took 25 minutes.

Can we please have our Galyan's back??

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    After about 10 minutes I placed my embows on the counter and my hands on my chin and gave him my best "really" look. This only made him turn his back to continue his conversation.

If you put your embows on my counter, I'd turn my back too...I think...whatever embows are. :laugh:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    So true! I hate, hate, hate, with seething and loathing...the check out experience at Dick's. it does not matter if you are the second person in line or five back, you will not escape the check out process in under 20 minutes. They check you out right by the doors as if to taunt you with freedom. I dread the start of every sports season where the kids inventory there gear for what still fits and hold my breath hoping, waiting for it...until that dreaded moment comes...and we have to go get something from Dick's.:tantrum:

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I won't beg anyone to take my money, i would have left if he spent more than 30 seconds with another employee while waiting on me.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I hate going to Dick's, and after their gun stance this winter I have tried to avoid them, but theire are times when I still need something and they are the most convienient option. This evening we needed to get a new football mouth piece for my son. Theire where four people in line waiting to check out, with one new cashier that was really slow and easily confused. After waiting in line for about 10 minutes a "manager" came over and opened up a new lane and motioned us over. We had a total of 4 items, and he proceeded to start ringing us up. After scanning the first item, he started talking on his radio to another employee answering their questions. Apparently to be management potential at Dicks the ability to multi-task is not important, as this person had to completely stop ringing me up to have a conversation over his radio with another employee on where to restock cloths left in the fitting room. He would talk for about 5 minutes, ring up another item, and then start talking again. After about 10 minutes I placed my elbows on the counter and my hands on my chin and gave him my best "really" look. This only made him turn his back to continue his conversation. The whole check out process took 25 minutes.

Can we please have our Galyan's back??

Wow, first world problem much? So you had to wait in line, wow.....

Atac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Indiana

Yeah your right JoFra, 25 minutes to check one person out with 4 items for $30 seems reasonable. Next time I am stuck in line because of poor customer service I will think to myself that I should not be a spoiled "First Worlder" and mumble to my self "what would JoFra do". WWJD - Now I know what that bracelet means!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well... Let's investigate this statement a little further.

You have to wait in line for 20 minutes because there are 25 people in line in front of you. Reasonable?

You have to wait in line for 20 minutes because there are 25 people in line in front of you because there's only one cashier and they're slower than ... slow. Reasonable?

You have to wait in line for 20 minutes because you're the only one checking out and the cashier takes 25 minutes to ring up 4 items. Reasonable?

You have to wait in line for 20 minutes because two customers in front of you need price checks. Reasonable?

There are a lot of situations where waiting in line or waiting to be checked out are reasonable and there are some where it isn't.

Let's make another example - you walk up to the register, which is the only one open, and set your items down. The cashier rings up one item and then walks off for 5 minutes. The cashier comes back - rings up another item and walks off for 10 minutes before coming back again... Reasonable? I guess it must be since apparently if it were unreasonable that would be a 'first world problem' according to you?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The "first world problem" line is just getting old to me. The furnace going out in your house in the middle of January is, in fact, a first world problem. However, if it happened to me I would certainly be complaining about it. Call me spoiled :dunno:

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    We had a total of 4 items, and he proceeded to start ringing us up. After scanning the first item, he started talking on his radio to another employee answering their questions. Apparently to be management potential at Dicks the ability to multi-task is not important, as this person had to completely stop ringing me up to have a conversation over his radio with another employee on where to restock cloths left in the fitting room. He would talk for about 5 minutes, ring up another item, and then start talking again. After about 10 minutes I placed my elbows on the counter and my hands on my chin and gave him my best "really" look. This only made him turn his back to continue his conversation. The whole check out process took 25 minutes.
    Forget all those non-verbal signals and "looks". It wouldn't have been possible to sternly tell him to put his co-worker on hold for a second and finish ringing you up? I wouldn't have let that nonsense go on for much over 30 seconds. It only took 25 minutes because you allowed it to take 25 minutes.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Sometimes you just have to walk out and leave the stuff at the register.

It only took 25 minutes because you allowed it to take 25 minutes.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

I don't understand why after 5 minutes the OP didn't just walk away. I don't think there is anyone here that would stand for 25 minutes while the manager rings them up while at the same time leaving and talking to other staff.

The more I think about this, the more I think it is BS

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't understand why after 5 minutes the OP didn't just walk away.

If he needed the item that night I could see waiting there. It's one of those "Swallow your pride and ego and just do it for your kids" moments. But... the squeaky wheel gets the purchase completed too

Top Bottom