• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Traded off my AK last night. Now proud owner of 3rd Generation Glock 19. Tru Dot night sights.

Now time to start staking up on mags and high caps :-)

I've been reading that a lot of people are swapping out after marketing barrels. Should I partake? What's wrong with factory glock barrels?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    My 19 continues to be my most versatile (and probably my favorite) pistol. You cannot go wrong with it. Nothing is wrong with the factory barrel, just lots of options to customize your Glock if you wish to.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    What's wrong with factory glock barrels?

Nothing. The only reason I would change a factory Glock barrel out is for use of a suppressor. Lone Wolf Distributing make an excellent and very accurate threaded extended length barrel for the Glocks. I have one of their barrels for my G17 and G19, and am VERY pleased with their fit and function.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Sweet! I can't wait to shoot it! The first handgun I believe I fired was what I would assume now as a glock 17. I've been avoiding these for quite some time, but they finally drew me in when I fired my friend (bsurugger)'s 26. I put that AK up for trade and had offers for glock 17, 19, 26 and a couple XD's and it was so hard choosing. But Glock has stood the test of time, so I bit. :-)

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Oh, one question for you glock boys.

Do you generally leave the trigger depressed when there is not a round in the chamber?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    why would there be? Your Glock has what... a grand total of ~ 100 parts, including pins, and the magazines.

Springs are made to compress and expand within tolerances. The gun doesn't allow for those springs to go anywhere near the edges of the tolerances on either side. Sitting for extended periods in either state shouldn't matter at all.

I have a 2nd Gen G19 that was MFG. in Jan/Feb 1990. All the parts are as they were off the assembly line as far as I can tell. I ran three or four magazines through it today and guess what.... it runs like every other Glock I've ever tried :)

Enjoy your tactical tupperware. And don't worry about the little things. :)

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Just figured I'd check! I'm a SA preferred guy myself, so this striker concept is taking some getting used to :-) I've been handling it a lot. I've always loved 1911's, so I assumed I'd be a better point with an XD because of the grip angle, but got the Glock for the test of time. I really did find myself pointing quite naturally, it has a wonderful feel.

I'm an ol audio nut, so I'm used to Bose being the most popular brand ever and everyone always thinking they are the best. When in reality, besides their headphones, they haven't made a quality product since the 70's.

That being said, it was hard to transition away from this thought process on firearms. Glock is the largest name because they make great weapons. :-)

But I still want a sweet engraved chrome 1911 with pearl grips down the road. :-)

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I joined the dark side about a week ago and will never turn back. I got a used G22 for 400 and took it to the range, it fired just like it should. Love it! I was going to trade it for a 9mm cause I was looking more for a cheaper range gun but I found that Lone Wolf also has conversion barrels. So now I am in the process of getting a 40 to 9 conversion barrel that is threaded so I can throw on the suppressor later on down the line. Two guns for the price for one!!!

Top Bottom