• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    So Im having some problems with one of my phones on my account and took it in for service..... To damaged to replace without $100....

kind of a bummer but not really. the guy informs me that I am due on friday for a phone upgrade with new contract.... Yeah

So I start looking at my phone choices..

Im liking the look of the Galaxy Note II... $69.99 with a new customer contract... $249 for me to upgrade and sign a new contract...

Is retaining customers not that important?

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    They have to make up the cost of the phone through the 2 year contract. You getting one early means their losing out, in this case on their old one.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They have to make up the cost of the phone through the 2 year contract. You getting one early means their losing out, in this case on their old one.
    he will be using an upgrade on Friday,.. Has to sign a new contract for 2 years on Friday to get the upgrade. Sounds to me like Sprint doesn't care to retain

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    but with that said, are you at a 1 year upgrade or a 2 year upgrade?

even running the math you aren't getting as good a deal as new customers

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Call CS and ask for retention. Explain your situation and they will take care of you a little better. Almost two years ago they gave me a $200 credit and bumped my contract date because I had a bad phone. Bought the iPhone 4S and have been satisfied except their 3G sucks in Fort Wayne. Luckily I bought a 5 around the first of the year and LTE is getting a larger foot print here.

marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    I'm so frustrated with Sprint right now I have had literally no cell service in my house for about a week so far. I've missed so many calls due to this. I understand they are updating towers in my area but man why am I paying for a service that I can't even use? If you're already with them depending on your area you may be familiar with their poor signal. The only reason I haven't switched is I use on average 30gb a month if data and anywhere else it would be ridiculously expensive. On another note (pun intended) I have the note 2 and love it! I have fairly large hands so even with the big size I'm still comfortable with one handed operation.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Call CS and ask for retention. Explain your situation and they will take care of you a little better. Almost two years ago they gave me a $200 credit and bumped my contract date because I had a bad phone. Bought the iPhone 4S and have been satisfied except their 3G sucks in Fort Wayne. Luckily I bought a 5 around the first of the year and LTE is getting a larger foot print here.

after 10 years of giving sprint money for crap coverage and pipe dreams of 4G for almost 4 years, I finally made the move to verizon. I wanted sprint to work out and the service in fort wayne to get better, but it seems as though it has actually been worse in the last year or so. When I called they said that because of the "VERY POOR" Coverage in Fort Wayne they would let me out of the contract without issue.

Fast forward three week's into my three newly ported lines.... Sprint decides that the lady whom said I was able to cancel without ETF did not "Note" one of the lines as no early termination fee. Basically... since it is not specifically noted for one of the lines they are charging me. FU Sprint! 10 years and all I get is a $350 kick in the balls. When I asked for a copy of the recorded conversation, she said I would need a court order??? WTF are they trying to hide?

You can pay for crap coverage with sprint all you want! They wanted to keep me by reminding me that sprint is unlimited... I reminded them that almost $200 a month for three lines with unlimited use of most failed network in Fort Wayne still leaves you with paying for a big pile of unlimited crap. What good is use of an unlimited network that does not work?

Yea, I'm that guy thats really pissed at sprint! :xmad:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I've had Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. Sprint is the only one I haven't had any service problems, or customer service problems with.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I've had Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. Sprint is the only one I haven't had any service problems, or customer service problems with.

What area are you in?

I'm referring more to the Data Network that is total crap in Fort Wayne but seemed quite well in Indy. If fort waynes network was like Indy's, I would still be with sprint.

CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I'm so frustrated with Sprint right now I have had literally no cell service in my house for about a week so far. I've missed so many calls due to this. I understand they are updating towers in my area but man why am I paying for a service that I can't even use? If you're already with them depending on your area you may be familiar with their poor signal. The only reason I haven't switched is I use on average 30gb a month if data and anywhere else it would be ridiculously expensive. On another note (pun intended) I have the note 2 and love it! I have fairly large hands so even with the big size I'm still comfortable with one handed operation.

Take a look at this link:

Sprint AIRAVE Wireless In-Home Signal Booster for Voice & Data

I have one of these for my house and it works very well. It works like a mini cell tower through your home internet connection and can support up to 5 or 6 calls at a time. It will cover up to about 5000 SF. There is a number in the link to call and see if you qualify for one for FREE.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Im a 2 year upgrade and its not just the sprint store... Everywhere you look. Amazon, Best buy, radio shack, Brand new contracts get it for 59.99 to 199... Upgraded contracts get it for 249 or more....

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    I depend on sprint for my job. Im a cable guy and working in valpo this week has been bad. anything south of 700 north has been useless. Data has been nonexistent and voice is hit or miss. i was told by my boss on tuesday that they were told by sprint that theyd have it resolved in 24hours. that was monday when i first noticed it. I was having to borrow unsecured wireless at MCDs to complete out my jobs.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I depend on sprint for my job. Im a cable guy and working in valpo this week has been bad. anything south of 700 north has been useless. Data has been nonexistent and voice is hit or miss. i was told by my boss on tuesday that they were told by sprint that theyd have it resolved in 24hours. that was monday when i first noticed it. I was having to borrow unsecured wireless at MCDs to complete out my jobs.
    the typical sprint answer... we'll have it fixed soon! Bulls#*t!!!

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    What area are you in?

I'm referring more to the Data Network that is total crap in Fort Wayne but seemed quite well in Indy. If fort waynes network was like Indy's, I would still be with sprint.

I only use them for cell, not data, so that might make a difference.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I'm one of the people that left when they started charging me $10/month for 4G service that didn't exist in Indianapolis. I was a Sprint Premier customer, having used them for 12 years, and they refused to do anything about the issue. I saw it as a way for them to get rid of all of their customers with grandfathered plans. I miss my $40/month cell phone plan, but am glad I left them.

I've been with AT&T for 3 years now, and it's been fine. I have a couple of spots where there's no service, but it's in the same valleys where I had none with Sprint, too.

Top Bottom