• ...and so much more!
  • I use IE6 and I:

• Total voters

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The internet landscape has been changing radically over the last few years. There are dozens of new security exploits discovered every day in the software that we use. Windows XP (now at only about 30% market share) originally shipped with Internet Explorer 6 and, even though IE9 was just released, many people won't (or can't) upgrade to a newer version or an alternate browser such as Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc.

Now that some major websites are officially dropping support for Internet Explorer 6 and 7, do you have any plans to switch to a newer browser? Do you still use Internet Explorer 6, even knowing that it is riddled with security holes and compatibility issues? What's making you stay?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Never been anything like a regular user of IE. Mac user for many, many years. Even on the 2 PC's I had I used FF. IE was always behind the curve in the browser wars and never was/is up to date with the latest tech and user features. Why any PC user would use it is beyond me.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Posting from FF4. Used FF and Opera for years. I only use IE at the office, and only when it is required.

IE is fairly terrible, but I will keep it as up to date as I can.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd like to hear from the people using IE6. I know you're out there. Almost 20% of our members still use either IE6 or IE7. All versions of IE together account for almost half of our traffic.

Top Bottom