• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Even though I think the shop owner was completely justified in doing what he did, I also feel with the family in the fact that he was shot twice while fleeing without any money (most likely) and was already fatally wounded. There wasn't a need imho to fire as he was fleeing.

i have to disagree with you there, once you get to the point of having to use deadly force you keep shooting until the threat is completly neutralized fatally wonded or not. for all the store owner knew ompletly nutralizedhe was fleeing towards a corner to take cover and return fire:twocents:.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Oldest granddaughter goes to Dennis School. This kid tried to get into my granddaughter's classroom but the door was locked. She heard the whole thing go down. She and my daughter were at my house that evening. Granddaughter went over the event in details jabbering a mile a minute. Adrenaline rush finally passed and she didn't want to sleep in her own bed and doesn't want to be far from her mother. I told my daughter, "That's why I carry." Not that it would have mattered in a school.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Oldest granddaughter goes to Dennis School. This kid tried to get into my granddaughter's classroom but the door was locked. She heard the whole thing go down. She and my daughter were at my house that evening. Granddaughter went over the event in details jabbering a mile a minute. Adrenaline rush finally passed and she didn't want to sleep in her own bed and doesn't want to be far from her mother. I told my daughter, "That's why I carry." Not that it would have mattered in a school.

Definitely the wrong thread...this thread was from 2012 and is now officially a zombie.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    New legs on a walking dead thread!

Props to model flyer for searching for a Richmond shooting thread instead of just starting another one.
    And hey, the old thread was an interesting read.

I do feel bad for the parents of both deceased. But to be honest, I think it serves as a caveat to all parents that theirs is a serious job. It's important that Johnny knows right from wrong. It's important that he understands consequences. It's life or death. Literally.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am glad this worked out for the best as well. The police were on hand and made sure this ended before the wrong people got hurt. Great job to those officers on the scene. I hate to think what would have happened if they had not been on the scene and the would be shooter would have had time.

Top Bottom