• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    LOL.... Didn't know you had one of those. I assume it is was simply a Glock accessory for you? :D

How do you like it other then cleaning it?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    LOL.... Didn't know you had one of those.

I don't (and after this, I almost certainly never will). I'm doing a favor for a friend, and it has turned into a much bigger ordeal than either of us anticipated. Now it is the bane of my existence and sure to be the cause of many sleepless nights. :n00b:

I mean, seriously. I've worked on ARs, AKs, 10/22s, Glocks, my MAC subgun and several other weapons of various ages and origins, and this has got to be the most convoluted and ill-conceived design I've encountered.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    First time I did it - took me about 3 hours.

Second time - about 20 minutes, including some voodoo that made the trigger NOT SUCK! :rockwoot: seriously, it's crisp & light

ETA: he'll just have to get used to the fact that the safety button on the right hand side has some scratches, or how about drilling a small hole in it, so you can manipulate it with a small allen in order to facilitate getting the two halves back together?

Last edited:

STRIKER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    The one I shot ran well, but I wouldn't buy it because 1) it's a keltec 2) you needed steroid muscles to load the gun

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I've found the only problem getting it back together is if you dropped the hammer. Then you just have to manually cock it before assembly. Took be 20-30 minutes apart and back together.

(As a disclaimer, I used to own a Ruger Mark II, so maybe I think EVERYTHING ELSE is easy now. :) )

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    IT WAS DESIGNED BY A ****ING SADIST.

Don't believe me? Try detail-stripping and reassembling one sometime. :xmad:

Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks :ingo:

You mean the info on the website is wrong? Clearly, it states, "...The SUB-2000 can easily be disassembled for cleaning or inspection without tools."
    :popcorn:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You mean the info on the website is wrong? Clearly, it states, "...The SUB-2000 can easily be disassembled for cleaning or inspection without tools."
    :popcorn:

Depends on what you're trying to "inspect," now dunnit? ;)

To do anything more involved than pulling the bolt out to clean the gun most certainly requires tools... and instructions well beyond anything Kel-Tec provides with the gun.

As convoluted as the detail-stripping and reassembly procedure is, I've now done it enough times that I've got it down. Still troubleshooting the original function problem, though. :wallbash:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    On behalf of the members of INGO, I hereby denounce your alleged new found Kel-Tec Ninja Skills, simply because we don't know what the problem was, and there was no documented proof of any actions taken to correct a problem.

:postpics:

Have a good evening. :D :ingo:

Ninja Skills, by definition, can't be cause on camera. :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    On behalf of the members of INGO, I hereby denounce your alleged new found Kel-Tec Ninja Skills, simply because we don't know what the problem was, and there was no documented proof of any actions taken to correct a problem.

My rage and sleepless nights were the proof of a problem. My current zen-like state of calm is proof that said problem has been solved. So now I'm calmly inviting you to take your purple text and shove it. :D

Next time you're in the neighborhood, swing by the shop and I'll tell you the entire sordid tale.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom