• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrNobody

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Did some spring cleaning and came across some evil Black Talon ammo.:lmfao::lmfao: Is it legal to sell in Indiana ????? I know they made a fuss about it awhile back .

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't think it is illegal ammo. The Ranger SXT is supposedly the exact same thing.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It never was and still isn't illegal. That is a common myth about it. There was media hubbub over it and Winchester quit selling it. They did this just to try and stop all the baseless negative reporting on it. Then they started making it again just with a copper colored bullet and called it the Ranger and the media never caught on (not like they knew what the hell they were talking about in the first friggin place).

What should be illegal is the moronic reporting that was done on the subject. The media just drug Winchester's name through the mud because they dared color thier bullet and box black. They spewed things like that it could "penetrate bullet proof vests" (I know, it is bullet resistant, not "proof", but that is what they always inaccurately call them) and that it was "cop killer" ammo. When in reality it was just another JHP it just had the misfortune of being the wrong color and having a scary name.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Good example of how the media can skew anything they want.

All Winchester was guilty of was making a superior product. And I especially thought the "cop killer" label was amusing. As if it was especially harmful to law enforcement officers. lol

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I'm totally for freedom of the press, but the press is full of morons.

But hey thanks OP, I just learned that I can still find the stuff, just under a different name :)

Top Bottom