• ...and so much more!
  • Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Short answer...no.

Long answer... I had seen the large billboard from I-65 several times on my trek from Indy to da Region. I was hoping for a cool surplus store, like the old Army-Navy in Hammond used to be. This place had much too expensive sets of BDU's (I think they were name brands like Propper and Tru-Spec, but way higher prices than I can find online.) I spent longer than I really should have looking around. Its a fairly small shop in a strip mall, definately not a warehouse full of stuff. I so wanted to find something worth buying there, but left empty handed.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Does anybody have experience with LaPorte Army Navy?

It's listed at 516 Lincolnway, La Porte, IN‎.

Are there ANY decent surplus shops in Northwest Indiana?

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    First i am always looking for a good surplus store, this doesn't seem to be it.
    Second I miss the Army-Navy store in Hammond. Used to go there with my dad and brothers, good times.
    Third the surplus store in LaPorte is a hole. not worth the time to park the car and walk to the front door.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Thanks for the heads up on these stores. I'm glad that I know not to waste the gas or time going to them.

That store in Hammond was pretty cool. I wish there were more of these in the area that were worth going to.

Oh, and watch your back, Rambone. I own a HIGH POINT .45, which is the same gun carried by Dirty Harry and Doc Holiday I'm pretty sure.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Not true. I'll never forget Doc Holiday saying "I'm your huckleberry" before pulling his Hi-Point out and shooting that guy right in the head.

At least I think it was a Hi-Point. I'm certain that it wasn't an HK.

Top Bottom