Am I cheap or what? Reasonable Gun Shops?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    I'm interested in buying a .44 mag. A Handi-Rifle and a Marlin lever gun. The prices I've seen locally (N.E. Indiana) are $300 and $600 respectively. That seems high, particularly for the Handi-Rifle. Everybody talks about this place and that place being high. All of the gun shops near me seem to be considered high priced. So, give me, please, the names of some reasonable shops or, conversely, tell me if I'm being a tightwad!

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I think 300 is reasonable for the Handi-rifle in 44mag. Check Davidson guns and run an order on one shipped to your local FFL, price should be close I think. But probably not avaiable, so If you see one locally negotiate if you can but better buy it!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Get on the phone and call every Dick's in town. Some people pooh pooh me when I mention them, but I've found some terrific deals even ol bob at PSS couldn't touch. Even cheaper than the same gun on the used rack somewhere. I bought my 44 Handi last year at Dick's for $169. I ain't saying that's going to happen again, but you just have to do a bit of leg work. The best time to scour the shelves at Dick's is usually late Jan, early Feb. They've got some good stuff on clearance now, and I'm not saying cause I'm still thinking.:dunno:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The pistol caliber lever actions go for significantly more than their 30-30 counterparts (plan to spend at least $500), but you should be able to do better on the Handi Rifle. Bud's has one for $227 and Davidson's has them for $250-ish. Bud's also has a .44 mag Marlin for $540. So, there are a few data points for you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom