• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Going to suck for a lot of people. I think my normal routes around 69 and 37 are going to get worse :(

Forgot that the 37 / 69 interchange is also getting a major face lift this summer, didn't ya. They are planning long term lane closings, and major backups during the normal heavy traffic times. :n00b:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I live at 96th and allisonville, and have never been more happy to move away from somewhere in my life.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Forgot that the 37 / 69 interchange is also getting a major face lift this summer, didn't ya. They are planning long term lane closings, and major backups during the normal heavy traffic times. :n00b:

Impossible to forget. I work near 69 and 96th and live at 141st and 37. So my side routes have gotten worse and worse (mainly Cumberland road and they are closing it between 96th and 106th next week, and doing intersection work at 126th this week) as more and more people give up on 69.

Every road up to 146th is having construction done on it this summer. Extra turn lanes at 131st and 141st. Round about construction at 131st and Lantern. 136th street being constructed at 37 for the car dealer. 141st being repaved out to Howe Rd. And of course 126th being widened. I definitely see my Fishers tax money at work!

Yeah, Allisonville and 96th is getting in on the action, too. Anyone going from Indy to Noblesville/Fishers this summer is just screwed.

Shoot, just moving around Fishers is tough if you wanna avoid construction delays. I don't know how that 96th and Allisonville intersection will work out. People have a hard enough time with round abouts it seems!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I noticed the state covered the no through trucks signage for Keystone. Figured it was because of the Allisonville closure. Gonna be a lot of pissed off goober smoochers in Carmel over that one. :):

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Found out Cumberland will be closed at 126th for 60 days starting Thursday. Sheesh. Traveling south and then back north is going to really suck this summer. Need to find a job in Noblesville!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I would have thought that when 465 was redone in that area they would have lowered the road surface, but no. The reason they are tearing out the Allison Road bridge is because of all the big rigs that have hit it resently. They are raising the bridge by five feet.

And I thought there was a minimum overpass height and a maximum height for big rigs!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And it's because of all the simaltaneous road work going on in this area that it's IMPERATIVE the work be done as fast as humanly possible.

But it will likely be "business as usual".

Drag it out, MAYBE show up at the work site 1 shift a day, 5 or less days a week, and milk it for all it's worth.

YET, we have record unemployment and have the manpower to work round the clock and get these jobs done in a fraction of the time they'll take.

Mark my words, MOST of the time we go by these so-called "work sites", there'll be nobody there, and we'll go by and see days or even weeks when nothing has been done.

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I live just south of that intersection. $5 says it wont reopen until Christmas, and even then it won't be done. They just won't be able to handle the backlash of pissed off Castleton shoppers.

Top Bottom