• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I am so tired of these ceaseless posts calling people RINOs [Republican in Name Only]. People who fall into this category are Dan Coats, Lindsay Graham, Olympia Snowe, John McCain, etc.

None of these are a RINO. These people are absolutely not Republicans in name only. They are true Republicans who stand for the most basic principle the Republicans have - getting elected.

All you people who call these Leftist Republicans 'RINOs' now have a term that applies to you - ROIYDs [Republican Only In Your Dreams], because you hold this ideal of a Republican that the party does not share. The Republican you want exists only in your dreams.

The Republican Party has had a hand in every expansion of governmental power, loss of Liberty and attack on gun rights enacted since the Civil War.

Don't be a ROIYD. Start recognizing the Republican Party for what it is. If it's not what you want it to be, find another party that does match your ideals.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I am so tired of these ceaseless posts calling people RINOs [Republican in Name Only]. People who fall into this category are Dan Coats, Lindsay Graham, Olympia Snowe, John McCain, etc.

None of these are a RINO. These people are absolutely not Republicans in name only. They are true Republicans who stand for the most basic principle the Republicans have - getting elected.

All you people who call these Leftist Republicans 'RINOs' now have a term that applies to you - ROIYDs [Republican Only In Your Dreams], because you hold this ideal of a Republican that the party does not share. The Republican you want exists only in your dreams.

The Republican Party has had a hand in every expansion of governmental power, loss of Liberty and attack on gun rights enacted since the Civil War.

Don't be a ROIYD. Start recognizing the Republican Party for what it is. If it's not what you want it to be, find another party that does match your ideals.

ROIYDs...as in Hemorrhoids?

While I agree with the OP, just whom should the people vote? There certainly isn't a choice between any of the candidates. The Democratic party once the party of individual liberty, abandoned us as well.

Many will vote for the GOP, just simply they refuse to vote for the Democratic party of gun control. When in fact, the GOP is equally as guilty. Ron White has it absolutely correct when he states, "You can't fix stupid."

Libertarians are the obvious choice, but lack the acceptability as most don't know what a libertarian is, much less the political ideology. John Stossel proved that one just a month ago, when he interviewed people in the street, asking for some definition of the same.

What is required to happen, is to work from within of both parties, and put the original intent of the constitution first. Those candidates which don't exemplify a knowledge and willingness to follow that path, will be told by the loyal party voters that they will vote for their opponent come election time.

Unfortunately, this rant will only result in VOIYD: Voter Only In Your Dreams (Pronounced as "void", as in taking a leak on your leg). Resulting as a subset of the Ron White pragmatic theory of people.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    ROIYDs...as in Hemorrhoids?

While I agree with the OP, just whom should the people vote? There certainly isn't a choice between any of the candidates. The Democratic party once the party of individual liberty, abandoned us as well.

Many will vote for the GOP, just simply they refuse to vote for the Democratic party of gun control. When in fact, the GOP is equally as guilty. Ron White has it absolutely correct when he states, "You can't fix stupid."

Libertarians are the obvious choice, but lack the acceptability as most don't know what a libertarian is, much less the political ideology. John Stossel proved that one just a month ago, when he interviewed people in the street, asking for some definition of the same.

What is required to happen, is to work from within of both parties, and put the original intent of the constitution first. Those candidates which don't exemplify a knowledge and willingness to follow that path, will be told by the loyal party voters that they will vote for their opponent come election time.

Unfortunately, this rant will only result in VOIYD: Voter Only In Your Dreams (Pronounced as "void", as in taking a leak on your leg). Resulting as a subset of the Ron White pragmatic theory of people.

Plato was right when he said that those who are best suited to rule have no desire to rule at all. We will never have ideal candidates because ideal candidates will not run for office.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    YOU PEOPLE, REMEMBER ME?

perot2.jpg

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    While I agree with the OP, just whom should the people vote?

Your post, as usual, is excellent. How about having the block of voters threaten to sit out the election and not vote until a party makes unbreakable promises to it?

Auction off their votes, if you will. See who bids the highest price.

The truth is that there is no reason why a gun owner should hesitate in voting for a Libertarian. A gun owner's disputes with the LP are far more slight than they are with the Rs and Ds.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Your post, as usual, is excellent. How about having the block of voters threaten to sit out the election and not vote until a party makes unbreakable promises to it?

The truth is that there is no reason why a gun owner should hesitate in voting for a Libertarian. A gun owner's disputes with the LP are far more slight than they are with the Rs and Ds.

In your opinion, what disputes would a gun owner have with the Libertarian party?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

:noway:
    I beg to differ. I hold the willful ignorance of defense and border security/immigration issues to be just as unpalatable as RKBA infringement. Perhaps even more so.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What I don't understand is if Libertarians are such great people and are so Constitutionally sound, why don't they pick a Party and take it over? Or infiltrate both parties. If it's going to be impossible to get name recognition running as a 3rd party, why not massively infiltrate both parties, and then either change those party's from the inside out, or renounce the D or R party and declare themselves an L once they're elected and HAVE that name recognition?

Surely that can't be so hard.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    What I don't understand is if Libertarians are such great people and are so Constitutionally sound, why don't they pick a Party and take it over? Or infiltrate both parties. If it's going to be impossible to get name recognition running as a 3rd party, why not massively infiltrate both parties, and then either change those party's from the inside out, or renounce the D or R party and declare themselves an L once they're elected and HAVE that name recognition?

Surely that can't be so hard.
    Political egos the way they are, I fear that it would be easier...........

18-camelneedle.jpg

Top Bottom