• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Just now getting into hunting want to be ready for next season... I have a crossbow for deer / turkey. Looking for a good shotgun with chokes and barrel combos for an assortment of game rabbit squirrel duck goose turkey not looking to spend an arm and a leg since I'm just getting into it advice would be great on a good shotgun thanks in advance! If anyone has anything for sale that fits my description shoot me a pm. Have a good weekend

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Just now getting into hunting want to be ready for next season... I have a crossbow for deer / turkey. Looking for a good shotgun with chokes and barrel combos for an assortment of game rabbit squirrel duck goose turkey not looking to spend an arm and a leg since I'm just getting into it advice would be great on a good shotgun thanks in advance! If anyone has anything for sale that fits my description shoot me a pm. Have a good weekend

Can't go wrong with a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500.

The Hill of Gooses has the Mossberg 500 combo for $450. You might be able to find better price than that during a sale or on the private market.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Remington has been having some quality issues with the lower priced 870 Express models. So look into that if you are considering one.

For pumps, you can't go wrong with the 870 and Mossberg 500 models. They come up for sale so often that your best bet is to just watch the classifieds for a few weeks.

With either, you can easily change barrels to hunt duck or swap in a rifled barrel for deer. You can make it as simple of complicated as you want.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    While I don't own one, I would look at the Mossberg 835 (12 ga.) in a camo pattern finish. You have the versatility of shooting 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" loads. Most of the barrels are over bored and ported. I know several people that use this model for turkey and waterfowl hunting, and with a combo package (extra rifled barrel), you will be able to cover all the game in Indiana.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Owned (own) a few Remington 870s. They are pretty bullet proof. Rugged, reliable, versatile, reasonably priced, mountain of after market parts and accessories available.

Top Bottom