• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I have a older Alice pack that is in need of some repair. The part that goes over the frame has torn. I had contacted tactical tailor about getting it repaired but they have stopped answering my emeails about sending it in. Does anyone know of someone that does heavy duty sewing or repair?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Get a leather needle and try to hand sew it yourself. be a good opportunity to learn a new skill.
    Eh need this to hold up lol. Tactical tailor offers a upgrade to the part that ripped. Really hoped they would have gotten back with me to get it done. This pack has hauled alot of weight over alot of miles

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You might be surprised what a general sewing and alterations shop can do. I had a rifle bag fixed for a couple bucks at a small alterations shop in Bloomington. Stitching is stitching.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Eh need this to hold up lol. Tactical tailor offers a upgrade to the part that ripped. Really hoped they would have gotten back with me to get it done. This pack has hauled alot of weight over alot of miles
    Sometimes it's just good to upgrade or find a pack in very good condition. My Alice issued pack is still in good shape in storage. Even my old uniforms that will never fit me again unless I lose 50lbs.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Squat!
    Hold!
    I thought, by then they were qualifying mc1-1 on the 5th jump at Benning.

I was actually in the MC1-1 test Battalion in 77.

1/504 made the first Battalion mass tac on Sicily DZ.

We got a full day of instruction and 2, 2000 ft chopper blasts for orientation, so we would not play around on the jump.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I thought, by then they were qualifying mc1-1 on the 5th jump at Benning.

I was actually in the MC1-1 test Battalion in 77.

1/504 made the first Battalion mass tac on Sicily DZ.

We got a full day of instruction and 2, 2000 ft chopper blasts for orientation, so we would not play around on the jump.
    I was all T-10 at Benning, and rarely MC1-1b at Bragg... probably because we tended to play around ;-)

Attachments

• 0614141631.jpg
      0614141631.jpg
      277.5 KB · Views: 7

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    It's not always the first pack that I reach for, but mine will stay in the lineup, probably forever. Once you've used one for a while, made modifications, etc., it's hard to just go get another one. Mine is one of the most sentimental pieces of gear in the inventory.

You might try something like dynema (sp?) thread and a sailing needle. It might not be pretty, but it'd hold.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My son broke the new plastic frame he was issued in a few places. He said it flexes to much and would I ship him mine. He used it for three years with a few deployments.

Top Bottom